Aerometals, an aerospace design, engineering and manufacturing specialty leader for over 35 years will be showcasing the latest application of their new generation Engine Inlet Barrier Filter (EIBF) during the upcoming HAI Heli-Expo in Anaheim, California. The company will display an S-70i Firehawk® operated by City of San Diego Fire-Rescue Air Operations Department with an installed Aerometals EIBF system.
Designed with the latest technology computer airflow modeling and three-dimensional CAD technology, Aerometals EIBF brings innovation and efficiency to protecting critical engine components. In addition to protecting engines from FOD damage and filtering particulates and salt nuclei, the EIBF also guards against thermal impact spikes that can lead to premature hot section fatigue of firefighting aircraft. Attributes of the new design over legacy systems include a significant weight savings of almost 50 pounds, no airspeed correlation charts, no impact to ram air cooling of engines, no increase in fuel burn due to flat plate drag, and minimal impact to aircraft performance.
Aerometals CEO and President, Lorie Symon commented, “We want to thank The City of San Diego Fire-Rescue Air Operations Department and their dedicated crews for allowing us to showcase such a critical piece of public safety equipment. As our lead the fleet customer, we also appreciate the confidence that the entire Air Operations Department placed in us at Aerometals.”
The City of San Diego Fire-Rescue Air Operations S-70i Blackhawk will be featured on the Aerometals static display #1 during the HAI Heli-Expo in Anaheim, California from 28-30 JAN 2020.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International