Aerometals, an aerospace design, engineering and manufacturing specialty leader for over 35 years will be showcasing the latest application of their new generation Engine Inlet Barrier Filter (EIBF) during the upcoming HAI Heli-Expo in Anaheim, California. The company will display an S-70i Firehawk® operated by City of San Diego Fire-Rescue Air Operations Department with an installed Aerometals EIBF system.
Designed with the latest technology computer airflow modeling and three-dimensional CAD technology, Aerometals EIBF brings innovation and efficiency to protecting critical engine components. In addition to protecting engines from FOD damage and filtering particulates and salt nuclei, the EIBF also guards against thermal impact spikes that can lead to premature hot section fatigue of firefighting aircraft. Attributes of the new design over legacy systems include a significant weight savings of almost 50 pounds, no airspeed correlation charts, no impact to ram air cooling of engines, no increase in fuel burn due to flat plate drag, and minimal impact to aircraft performance.
Aerometals CEO and President, Lorie Symon commented, “We want to thank The City of San Diego Fire-Rescue Air Operations Department and their dedicated crews for allowing us to showcase such a critical piece of public safety equipment. As our lead the fleet customer, we also appreciate the confidence that the entire Air Operations Department placed in us at Aerometals.”
The City of San Diego Fire-Rescue Air Operations S-70i Blackhawk will be featured on the Aerometals static display #1 during the HAI Heli-Expo in Anaheim, California from 28-30 JAN 2020.
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135