Located within the trade show floor of Heli-Expo 2020, Meridian Helicopters will display a Bell 206L4 owned by Southern Utah University. The aircraft can be viewed at static display booth #15.
The Meridian Helicopters completion of the aircraft consisted of many freshly overhauled components and engine. A complete Garmin avionics package was installed with compliance to the FAA ADS-B out requirements. The avionics package was finished with night vision (NVG) capabilities and Bose headsets. Cosmetically, the aircraft was treated to all new interior and SUU custom exterior paint. Additionally, a new interior including seating, complete interior trim and windows were installed. The aircraft was equipped with full external cargo equipment from Onboard including cargo hook with load cell, an external torque meter and long line. Finishing the SUU requirements was a particle separator and dual aircraft controls.
“Our relationship with SUU began with the lease of two Bell 206L4’s a few years ago”, states Michael Bashlor – Managing Partner, Meridian Helicopters. “When the opportunity to deliver a mission equipped aircraft for them presented itself, we did not hesitate. A complete aircraft refurbishment is a large responsibility and we approached this extension of trust from SUU with pride.”
Southern Utah University’s Aviation Department is the nation’s premier helicopter flight school and will be utilizing the refurbished aircraft for the advanced training of its students. All SUU helicopter students will receive 20 hours of flight training in this and their other Bell 206L4 aircraft. In addition to standard flight training, this aircraft will be the primary ship for the Iron County Sheriff’s Department’s Air Operations Unit which utilizes SUU instructor pilots and aircraft for search and locate, and law enforcement missions
Meridian Helicopter LLC is based in Lafayette, LA USA and specializes in the refurbishment, leasing, brokerage, purchase and sale of Bell helicopters.
Meridian Helicopters LLC is a majority owned subsidiary of Cadorath. Cadorath is a family owned and operated company that provides superior solutions and products to a global client base through its Canadian office in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and its U.S. offices in Lafayette, Louisiana, and Orion, Illinois.
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- Ryan Aerospace wins International Military Training and Simulation award
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet