In partnership with Rolls-Royce, Cadorath has completed the design, approval and first deliveries of repairs and overhauls to the M250 Series IV Outer Combustion Case (OCC). Overhauls include repairs to the fuel boss and replacement of the existing wire mesh patches with new reinforced dual wire mesh patches.
On October 28, 2018 a Rolls-Royce released mandatory requirement was issued to comply with a commercial engine bulletin (CEB) at the next scheduled overhaul of the turbine or the 2000-hour inspection. The part number affected by the CEB’s is 23030911.
Cadorath performs 100% of the repair of this component in house at our facility in Broussard LA, USA. The repair introduces a new braze alloy and application procedure for the existing wire patch replacement to provide compliance with the CEB’s. Success came from a year of testing to include alternative braze alloys, surface preparation procedures and fatigue.
“Since the release of the CEB, there has been considerable urgency for this repair.” states Larry Barkley, Director of Operations – Cadorath. “The completion of this project reaffirms our commitment to the Rolls-Royce FIRST Network as well as all M250 operators & maintainers.”
- We have been extremely pleased with the quality and lead time of the Outer Combustion Cases P/N M250-10867 we have received from Cadorath. Our customers have remarked how important it is to them to have dependable pricing and delivery times. Mary Hiatt – Action Aircraft.
- I wanted to send you our sincere appreciation regarding the fast turnaround time your team did with the C30 OCCs. although Cadorath is being flooded with OCCs needing the CEB compliance, your team was still able to hold true to the 30 day turn time. Please let your team know we appreciate their efforts to keep costs down and competitive on the overhaul, as well as, getting it back to me with plenty of time to meet promised deadlines. Keep up the great work! Amber Demeter – H.E.R.O.S Inc
- We recently had two of our OCC’s repaired and upgraded with the new Patch Reinforcement repair. One of liners has been installed on one of our C47 engines and have had no issues. We couldn’t ask for better quality from Cadorath for bringing our liners back to service. – Kyle Beaman – Helicopters Inc.
- Recently, the county sent an OCC for compliance of CEB 6086 modification of the Outside Combustion Case. I wanted to give a shout for a few things that were outstanding. Communication during the process was excellent, turn time was exactly what we were quoted, the final invoice was what was quoted no extra fees and the final product was what the doctor ordered. Thank you and I look forward to working with Cadorath in the future. – Arthur Boiteau – Manatee County Mosquito Control
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software