In partnership with Rolls-Royce, Cadorath has completed the design, approval and first deliveries of repairs and overhauls to the M250 Series IV Outer Combustion Case (OCC). Overhauls include repairs to the fuel boss and replacement of the existing wire mesh patches with new reinforced dual wire mesh patches.
On October 28, 2018 a Rolls-Royce released mandatory requirement was issued to comply with a commercial engine bulletin (CEB) at the next scheduled overhaul of the turbine or the 2000-hour inspection. The part number affected by the CEB’s is 23030911.
Cadorath performs 100% of the repair of this component in house at our facility in Broussard LA, USA. The repair introduces a new braze alloy and application procedure for the existing wire patch replacement to provide compliance with the CEB’s. Success came from a year of testing to include alternative braze alloys, surface preparation procedures and fatigue.
“Since the release of the CEB, there has been considerable urgency for this repair.” states Larry Barkley, Director of Operations – Cadorath. “The completion of this project reaffirms our commitment to the Rolls-Royce FIRST Network as well as all M250 operators & maintainers.”
- We have been extremely pleased with the quality and lead time of the Outer Combustion Cases P/N M250-10867 we have received from Cadorath. Our customers have remarked how important it is to them to have dependable pricing and delivery times. Mary Hiatt – Action Aircraft.
- I wanted to send you our sincere appreciation regarding the fast turnaround time your team did with the C30 OCCs. although Cadorath is being flooded with OCCs needing the CEB compliance, your team was still able to hold true to the 30 day turn time. Please let your team know we appreciate their efforts to keep costs down and competitive on the overhaul, as well as, getting it back to me with plenty of time to meet promised deadlines. Keep up the great work! Amber Demeter – H.E.R.O.S Inc
- We recently had two of our OCC’s repaired and upgraded with the new Patch Reinforcement repair. One of liners has been installed on one of our C47 engines and have had no issues. We couldn’t ask for better quality from Cadorath for bringing our liners back to service. – Kyle Beaman – Helicopters Inc.
- Recently, the county sent an OCC for compliance of CEB 6086 modification of the Outside Combustion Case. I wanted to give a shout for a few things that were outstanding. Communication during the process was excellent, turn time was exactly what we were quoted, the final invoice was what was quoted no extra fees and the final product was what the doctor ordered. Thank you and I look forward to working with Cadorath in the future. – Arthur Boiteau – Manatee County Mosquito Control
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose control tower to move off airfield
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms