Amber Smith, combat helicopter pilot and author of Danger Close: My Epic Journey as a Combat Helicopter Pilot in Iraq and Afghanistan has been confirmed as a speaker for the 31st Annual Women in Aviation International Conference, augmenting an incredible roster of speakers. Amber joins Secretary of the U.S. Air Force Barbara Barrett; Stephanie Chung, JetSuite president; Col. Eileen Collins, NASA astronaut; Maj. Gen. Jeannie Leavitt, U.S. Air Force; and Joan Robinson-Berry, Boeing Global Services vice president & chief engineer, as keynote speakers for the March 5-7, 2020, Conference at Disneys Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
Amber Smith’s career consists of over 15 years of experience in senior levels of government, a presidential administration, strategic communications and public affairs, as well as multiple combat tours as a light attack/reconnaissance helicopter pilot and air mission commander where she led missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. She is the author of Danger Close: My Epic Journey as a Combat Helicopter Pilot in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Amber is currently the founder and president of Beacon Rock Strategies LLC, a strategic advisory and communications consulting firm. A former OH-58D Kiowa Warrior helicopter pilot-in-command and air mission commander in the 101st Airborne Division, Amber is a combat veteran of both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars where she worked closely with the U.S. Infantry, NATO ground troops, Special Forces, Marines, as well as flew aerial security for Air Force One in Afghanistan in 2008 for the President of the United States. Amber frequently appears on national TV networks as an expert in defense, national security, veterans affairs, and foreign policy.
Secure online registration is available at www.wai.org/20conference. Discounted registration is available for military personnel and full-time students. For more information, visit WAI.org.
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC