Omni Táxi Aéreo (OTA) is supporting Karoon in its drilling campaign in block Z38, in Peru. This will be OTA’s first international operation, transporting passengers from the city of Tallara to the Marina 1 well, in the Tumbes basin, approximately 110 km from the base of operations.
Two S76C ++ aircraft were moved from Rio de Janeiro to the city of Tallara. The operation was planned in details, paying attention to the most critical point, crossing the Andes. Commanders Ulisses Zago and João Siddharta were responsible for transfering the aircraft, flying about 2.8 miles over the Andes. Between the city of Tarapoto and Tallara, the operation was divided into two stages, with a refueling stop in the city of El Valor before crossing the highest and most hostile region of the route, with mountain peaks up to 24,000 feet.
The support for the Karoon campaign will last for 50 days. This operation is receiving all the support and expertise from the OTA Operations Team located in Brazil, moving part of its crew, mechanics and flight coordination to serve the client in Tallara.
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC