Omni Táxi Aéreo (OTA) is supporting Karoon in its drilling campaign in block Z38, in Peru. This will be OTA’s first international operation, transporting passengers from the city of Tallara to the Marina 1 well, in the Tumbes basin, approximately 110 km from the base of operations.
Two S76C ++ aircraft were moved from Rio de Janeiro to the city of Tallara. The operation was planned in details, paying attention to the most critical point, crossing the Andes. Commanders Ulisses Zago and João Siddharta were responsible for transfering the aircraft, flying about 2.8 miles over the Andes. Between the city of Tarapoto and Tallara, the operation was divided into two stages, with a refueling stop in the city of El Valor before crossing the highest and most hostile region of the route, with mountain peaks up to 24,000 feet.
The support for the Karoon campaign will last for 50 days. This operation is receiving all the support and expertise from the OTA Operations Team located in Brazil, moving part of its crew, mechanics and flight coordination to serve the client in Tallara.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software