Astronautics Corporation of America’s AFI4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI) has received Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) validation from the India Directorate General of Civil Aviation for A109E helicopters.
“The FAA STC validation from India is another significant step in Astronautics helping helicopter operators around the world to realize the cost, ease, and safety benefits when retrofitting their aircraft with a RoadRunner EFI system,” said Astronautics Vice President of Sales and Business Development Greg Plantz.
The EFI provides operators readability in all lighting conditions, enablement of modern navigation and approach capability, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The unit is easily upgradeable with new software functionality tailorable to customer needs and mission requirements.
The RoadRunner EFI has an FAA STC for Leonardo A109/119 helicopters and bilateral validation with European Aviation Safety Agency and Brazil Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil.
Astronautics’ authorized dealer network sells and services the RoadRunner EFI. For more information visit RoadRunner.Astronautics.com or contact [email protected]
To learn more about the RoadRunner EFI and its capabilities, visit Astronautics at stand N29 during the Singapore Airshow, February 11-16.
- Horix Aerospace completes dismantling of two AW109s
- EASA validates STC for AMS Heli Design aeromedical interior for AW109
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- AMS Heli Design receives FAA STC for ALSS interior
- Heart for transplant survives crash on hospital rooftop helipad
- Life Link III grows its fleet of helicopters
- 06-Nov-20 N109EX Leonardo AW109S Boyle Heights, US-California
- MyHeli becomes newest UK CAA AOC operator
- Leonardo AW109/AW119 – EASA releases Issue 22 of TCDS
- 19-Aug-20 N95RZ Leonardo AW109E Wauseon, US-Ohio
- Leonardo AW109 Trekker chosen to support French EMS market
- The Air Ambulance Service charity predicts £2.2M income shortfall but still has £12M in the bank
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Bulgarian Border Guard upgrades AW109
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- 28-Jun-19 N11NM Leonardo AW109S Brainerd Lakes, US-Minnesota (2F)
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre