Astronautics Corporation of America will provide its Badger Pro+ integrated flight display system for SUBARU Corporation’s new SUBARU BELL 412EPX, the latest version of the 412 series. SUBARU, in partnership with Bell, is developing the SUBARU BELL 412EPX which is utilized for UH-X as a replacement for the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force’s UH-1J fleet.
Astronautics’ Badger Pro+ for the SUBARU BELL 412EPX consists of four 6×8-inch, high-resolution displays showing primary flight, navigation, and engine data, as well as system synoptics, weight and balance, and checklist information. The system displays high-definition video from multiple inputs and provides night vision compatibility. Badger Pro+ integrates information from across all systems on the aircraft to provide an operationally advanced pilot interface.
Badger Pro+ is the latest generation of Astronautics’ Badger display family with demonstrated reliability over 1,000,000 flight hours in the harshest environments.
“Astronautics has built its reputation on designing reliable, rugged, and innovative solutions that solve our customers’ toughest challenges. The Badger Pro+ system gives the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force enhanced situational awareness to reduce pilot workload and exceptional video capabilities for mission support,” said Astronautics President Chad Cundiff. “The readability of the displays is world class with color, contrast, letter sizing, and fonts that provide exceptional viewability.”
Astronautics Badger Pro+ is also the integrated flight display system on the new production BELL 412EPX and Bell 429
For a demonstration of the Badger Pro+ integrated flight display system, visit Astronautics at stand N29 during the Singapore Airshow, February 11-16.
Key highlights of the Badger Pro+ system include superior graphics and readability, versatile high-resolution video, and proven reliability with operational savings.
Superior Display Capabilities:
- Enhanced viewing with sunlight readability, higher contrast, improved color saturation, and exceptionally wide viewing angle.
- New advisory vertical approach capability.
- LED mode-select lights on autopilot controller for intuitive operation.
- Flashing messages synchronized between displays and readable at all times.
- Accurate and clear on-screen presentation of the helicopter terrain awareness and warning system (HTAWS)—eliminating need for external switching.
- Patented LED-based night vision goggle compatibility.
- Completely sealed enclosure with passive cooling for improved reliability to eliminate any chance of dirt or debris entering the display.
- Seamless interface with other avionics, including advisory vertical approach guidance for areas without approved SBAS/WAAS approaches
Versatile Video Enhancements:
- Includes video inputs for FLIR and cameras on forward display.
- Accepts four video formats (analog and high definition).
- Displays video in full and split screen modes with pan, zoom, and rotation capabilities.
Reliability and Operational-Savings Features:
- Badger display family has proven reliability.
- Built-in flight data monitoring with file download rates up to 20 times faster.
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Astronautics Nears FAA Approval on STC for RoadRunner EFI on Bell 212 and 412
- Genesys Aerosystems’ Modernized Avionics Suite Achieved STC in Bell 412EP & 412
- 25-Oct-19 FAC0006 Bell 412 Albán, Colombia (6F)
- Canada to extend life of Armed Forces Bell 412 fleet
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Montenegrin Air Force adds three Bell 412s
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Nigerian Air Force launches second Bell 412
- New developments for the Bell 412
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- Milestone leases two Bell 412s to FAASA for firefighting
- Norwegian Bell helicopters to be maintained by Patria