Through the agreement, global aviation business, HeliSpeed, will provide Cobham with pilots from its HeliTrax database of over 1,200 highly-trained helicopter pilots, offering dedicated support to the Dutch Caribbean Coast Guard.
Cobham Aviation Services is a leading provider of operational readiness, special mission training and operational delivery solutions to military and government agencies worldwide. In Curacao, Cobham has successfully delivered a turnkey rotary wing SAR service to the Dutch Caribbean Coastguard for many years. Helispeed will assist Cobham by providing experienced SAR crews and instructors across the world.
HeliSpeed brings the expertise of pilots and operators closer together by matching the skills of experienced pilots with the needs and preferences of operators. They are experts in the diverse skill sets required for offshore, construction, utility, SAR, EMS, disaster relief and VIP missions and support ferry flights, aircraft repositioning, ground and flight tests, and training across every platform. HeliSpeed can supply specialist contract pilots for both short and long-term global missions on over 83 types of helicopters.
“We are proud to be able to support Cobham with their requirements for flexible, qualified pilots and this agreement reflects HeliSpeed capacity to support a diverse operations worldwide.”
- Gemma Walker, Operations Director, Helispeed
“We are looking forward to working in partnership with Helispeed and are confident in receiving pilots which meet the same high levels of skill, experience and certification as our own crews.
- Spike Jepson, VP Flight Operations, Cobham Aviation Services
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139