Summit Aviation, a Greenwich AeroGroup company, announced that it has hired John Gonsalves as its Director of Sales and Marketing. His responsibilities will include developing new business relationships, strengthening existing relationships and overseeing the growth of the company’s fixed-wing, rotor-wing and government/military services for the company’s Delaware location.
Mr. Gonsalves is a seasoned sales executive who has served the last 28 years in various sales positions within Bombardier Aerospace. He most recently served as Bombardier’s Director of Aircraft Sales for Government Programs covering the United States, Mexico and Central and South Americas.
“We are delighted to welcome John to Summit Aviation,” said Vice President and General Manager of Summit Aviation Ralph Kunz. “John has a keen understanding of aircraft service sales, and I believe his extensive experience in the aviation industry will help further elevate Summit’s presence in the sectors we serve.”
Mr. Gonsalves began his sales career with Bombardier as a Regional Manager covering corporate and commercial service sales. Within two years he was promoted to the Director of Worldwide Service Sales staying in that position for ten years until his final position with the company. His sales experience is extensive, covering corporate, commercial, special mission, government and military programs both domestically and internationally.
He undertakes his duties with Summit Aviation immediately.
About Summit Aviation
Located in Middletown, Delaware, Summit Aviation offers aircraft maintenance, modifications, avionics, engines, mission equipment integration, paint, FBO, sales & leasing, field training, flight testing support and OTC parts sales. Summit is a factory authorized service center for Bell, Blackhawk, Cessna, Mahindra, Quest Kodiak, Raisbeck, and Sikorsky and it is a DoD approved contractor. Its manufacturing arm has been recognized for its quality, commitment to meeting delivery schedules, sustained high performance and its focus on customer satisfaction. More information available at www.summit-aviation.com.
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase