Genesys Aerosystems announced today that they had received Supplemental Type Certification for the popular VFR HeliSAS Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System on the Bell 505.
The VFR HeliSAS for the Bell 505 is an extremely lightweight and affordable stability augmentation and autopilot, and the only solution currently certified in light to medium helicopters. Features include straight and level flight recovery as well as Navigation following through all phases of the flight plan, Heading Hold, Altitude Hold, Indicated Airspeed Hold, and Vertical Navigation which allows for capture of ILS or GPS approaches. HeliSAS for the Bell 505 also offers a new feature of envelope protection for over speed and under speed, and includes an option for Yaw control.
“Flight into Inadvertent Instrument Meteorological Condition (IIMC) is one of the highest contributors to accidents in helicopters and VFR HeliSAS is the ideal copilot to ensure these events are minimized,” said Jamie Luster, Director of Sales and Marketing. “Genesys has delivered over 1,200 HeliSAS systems, and I get chills every time I hear a testimony from a HeliSAS owner that the system has saved their life and the lives of others. We are extremely excited to bring this safety enhancement to the Bell 505.”
Shipping has begun for the Bell 505 VFR HeliSAS. It is available as a retrofit option in the field through a Genesys Aerosystems approved dealer or as a forward-fit option from Bell. Existing Bell 505 operators can also contact a Bell facility for retrofit options. Current retrofit pricing for the Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS on the Bell 505 is $70,259 for 2-axis and $85,259 for 3-axis. Pricing includes all equipment required, along with the installation kit; pricing does not include installation of the equipment. Orders are currently accepted through authorized dealers. Foreign authority validations are expected to follow in the coming weeks.
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- Bell announces delivery of Bell 505 Jet Ranger X to Alameda County Sheriff’s Office Air Support Unit
- Bell Delivers 505 Jet Ranger X to Southern Utah University
- Bell 505 Receives Type Acceptance in Tanzania
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Montenegro Air Force signs for two Bell 505s
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- Southern Utah University Adds Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- MountainFlyers to become Europe’s biggest Bell 505 operator
- Leon County Sheriff’s Office Selects Becker AMU 6500 Digital Audio Panel
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® is now an Option for the Bell 505
- Bell Lands Leon County Sheriff’s Office as First East Coast Bell 505 Public Safety Operator
- Alameda County Sheriff orders a Bell 505
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator