S.A.F.E. Structure Designs develops innovative tools and support equipment in response to the needs of the customer. In cooperation with Southern Utah University (SUU), S.A.F.E. is providing a unique Pitch Adjustment Tool that ensures accurate adjustment and replacement of pitch change links for the R22, R44 and R66 helicopter. This tool inspired by SUU maintenance training manager Jared Britt and his team will make working on track and balance much easier. S.A.F.E. will be designing and manufacturing similar pitch adjustment tools for other helicopter models within the next year.
“The tool allows for accurate measurements in adjusting and replacing links and rods,” said Johnny Buscema, S.A.F.E. CEO. “This can save hours of time and provides greater accuracy than the trial and error method used in the past. We designed a similar tool for Blackhawks for the USCG fleet of MH-60s 3 years ago and the feedback has been awesome.”
S.A.F.E. is also working with SUU to develop a certificate training program on “Track and Balance” for A&P mechanics. This innovative pitch adjustment tool will be used to teach students how to perform the track and balance procedures efficiently with increased accuracy. This will be the first of several certificate programs from S.A.F.E. and SUU for the mechanics to train in helicopter specific maintenance. SUU has already received FAA approval on a helicopter specific A&P program. The first “Track and Balance” certificate class will start in September.
S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is the global leader in maintenance support equipment that strives to put safety first, S.A.F.E. listens to the needs of the maintenance teams. S.A.F.E. designs custom equipment to the exact specifications that consider realistic ergonomic factors as well as efficiency. S.A.F.E provides the answers to the unique challenges of working on complex aircraft.
- AEM Plans for Continued Growth with New Facility
- Winners of 37th Annual VFS Student Design Competition announced
- Jolly Green II begins aerial refueling tests
- Great North Air Ambulance adds AS365N3+ Dauphin
- Western Australia police orders first five-bladed H145
- Wysong enterprises completes Eagle 407HP for Helicopter Express
- Bell Takes Manufacturing to New Heights
- Netherlands’ Chinook purchase strengthens US-Coalition capabilities
- Children’s Air Ambulance offers pioneering medical treatment
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000