S.A.F.E. Structure Designs develops innovative tools and support equipment in response to the needs of the customer. In cooperation with Southern Utah University (SUU), S.A.F.E. is providing a unique Pitch Adjustment Tool that ensures accurate adjustment and replacement of pitch change links for the R22, R44 and R66 helicopter. This tool inspired by SUU maintenance training manager Jared Britt and his team will make working on track and balance much easier. S.A.F.E. will be designing and manufacturing similar pitch adjustment tools for other helicopter models within the next year.
“The tool allows for accurate measurements in adjusting and replacing links and rods,” said Johnny Buscema, S.A.F.E. CEO. “This can save hours of time and provides greater accuracy than the trial and error method used in the past. We designed a similar tool for Blackhawks for the USCG fleet of MH-60s 3 years ago and the feedback has been awesome.”
S.A.F.E. is also working with SUU to develop a certificate training program on “Track and Balance” for A&P mechanics. This innovative pitch adjustment tool will be used to teach students how to perform the track and balance procedures efficiently with increased accuracy. This will be the first of several certificate programs from S.A.F.E. and SUU for the mechanics to train in helicopter specific maintenance. SUU has already received FAA approval on a helicopter specific A&P program. The first “Track and Balance” certificate class will start in September.
S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is the global leader in maintenance support equipment that strives to put safety first, S.A.F.E. listens to the needs of the maintenance teams. S.A.F.E. designs custom equipment to the exact specifications that consider realistic ergonomic factors as well as efficiency. S.A.F.E provides the answers to the unique challenges of working on complex aircraft.
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers