S.A.F.E. Structure Designs develops innovative tools and support equipment in response to the needs of the customer. In cooperation with Southern Utah University (SUU), S.A.F.E. is providing a unique Pitch Adjustment Tool that ensures accurate adjustment and replacement of pitch change links for the R22, R44 and R66 helicopter. This tool inspired by SUU maintenance training manager Jared Britt and his team will make working on track and balance much easier. S.A.F.E. will be designing and manufacturing similar pitch adjustment tools for other helicopter models within the next year.
“The tool allows for accurate measurements in adjusting and replacing links and rods,” said Johnny Buscema, S.A.F.E. CEO. “This can save hours of time and provides greater accuracy than the trial and error method used in the past. We designed a similar tool for Blackhawks for the USCG fleet of MH-60s 3 years ago and the feedback has been awesome.”
S.A.F.E. is also working with SUU to develop a certificate training program on “Track and Balance” for A&P mechanics. This innovative pitch adjustment tool will be used to teach students how to perform the track and balance procedures efficiently with increased accuracy. This will be the first of several certificate programs from S.A.F.E. and SUU for the mechanics to train in helicopter specific maintenance. SUU has already received FAA approval on a helicopter specific A&P program. The first “Track and Balance” certificate class will start in September.
S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is the global leader in maintenance support equipment that strives to put safety first, S.A.F.E. listens to the needs of the maintenance teams. S.A.F.E. designs custom equipment to the exact specifications that consider realistic ergonomic factors as well as efficiency. S.A.F.E provides the answers to the unique challenges of working on complex aircraft.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring