Rotorcorp LLC, the world’s largest seller of parts and components for Robinson R22, R44 and R66 Helicopters announced today that the company is immediately withdrawing its support of direct-overhaul and overhaul-exchange RR30000412 starter generators available through Skurka Aerospace, Inc. and Boeing Distribution Services, Inc. (formerly Aviall). This model starter generator assembly is featured on the Rolls Royce 300 turbine engine which powers the popular Robinson R66 Helicopter.
“We stand by our products & services and expect our vendors to do the same- no matter how large they are.” Said Rotorcorp CEO Sean Casey, “As a small business in the highly regulated aerospace industry, we dedicate significant time and energy to demonstrating value, establishing relationships and building trust with customers that share our passion for safety.”
To provide a superior starter service option for R66 customers, Rotorcorp has established a preferred distribution alliance with Long Island, NY based NAASCO Northeast Corp. to perform high-quality direct overhauls for the RR30000412 starter generator. Rotorcorp has also committed to developing a robust pool of exchange starter generator units to increase responsiveness and reduce downtime for the growing fleet of Robinson R66 helicopters- now more than 1000 strong. Since 1984, NAASCO’s technical and engineering improvements have revolutionized the Starter Generator repair and overhaul industry.
“NAASCO is honored to be selected as Rotorcorp’s preferred partner for the RR30000412 starter generators.” Said NAASCO’s CEO Mike Leslie. “Developing a strategic relation with Rotorcorp is a fantastic fit and we look forward to collectively providing the growing R66 community a more reliable option.”
NAASCO has obtained FAA approval for its repair process on the RR30004012 starter using OEM or superior parts and can issue a dual release FAA/EASA 8130 tag for overhaul and other repairs performed on these units. Through its alliance with Rotorcorp, NAASCO has committed to turnarounds of about two weeks- sometimes faster in AOG scenarios. Rotorcorp customers, R66 Service Centers and R66 operators around the world can now count on Rotorcorp to deliver a reliable starter generator repair solution that can share a box with RR300 engine parts and R66 Airframe components shipping anywhere in the world.
Rotorcorp will provide detailed pricing, service, and warranty information on their websites in coming days.
About Rotorcorp: Rotorcorp is an emerging growth-oriented aerospace parts provider and is an authorized service center for California-based Robinson Helicopter Company. With facilities in Atlanta, GA and Baton Rouge, LA Rotorcorp serves over 1000 Robinson helicopter owners, operators and maintenance providers in around the world. Rotorcorp was recognized in 2019 by the U.S. Small Business Administration as the “Exporter of the Year” for Georgia and the Southeastern Region.
About NAASCO: Opening its doors in April 1984, NAASCO has served the aviation industry for over 35 years as a FAA and EASA approved repair station and its leadership team brings a combined electrical, mechanical, and avionics experience of over 250 years. During this time, NAASCO has changed the aviation industry by introducing its specialized designed engineering solutions that focuses on improved reliability while solving planned obsolescence. Two of NAASCO’s most successful product offerings are its starter generator ETR/Mercury Mod and our Sil-Met motor, contact, relay, and terminal block solutions.
- Robinson’s Cockpit Camera Now Available
- 30-Jan-21 N660TN Robinson R66 Arline, US-Tennessee
- 01-Jan-21 9M-SAW Robinson R66 Port Klang, Malaysia
- 30-Dec-20 JA77AR Robinson R66 Ojiro, Japan (1F)
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- 29-Aug-20 HC-CVB Robinson R66 Manta, Ecuador
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- FAA Approves Shadin Fuel Flow Meter on Robinson R66
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 09-Jan-20 N450MC Robinson R66 Silver Spring Township, US-Pennsylvania (2F)
- Robinson R66 Turbine Surpasses 1 Million Flight Hours
- Robinson Offers NEW R66 Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- Canada approves Simplex spray system for Robinson R66
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award