Helibras, Brazilian subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters, delivered to the Brazilian Navy, this past Friday (28), the first H135 model, with multi-mission configuration. The helicopter had already been presented at the event of 103 years of Naval Aviation, in August this year. The aircraft will be integrated into the 1st General Employment Helicopter Squadron (HU-1) and will be based in São Pedro da Aldeia.
The aircraft is part of a contract to supply three H135s, which will carry out various missions such as cargo transportation, naval inspection, search and rescue and aeromedical rescue, among others.
“Naval Aviation has been dedicated for more than a century to the protection of Brazil’s borders, especially the Blue Amazon and we are very grateful to be able to contribute to this story since the delivery of the first Brazilian Squirrel, the N7050, 41 years ago, which is still in operation today. We are sure that the H135 will continue to fulfill the demanding missions made by the Brazilian Navy. ”, Comments Jean-Luc Alfonsi, president of Helibras.
Currently, about 130 units of the H135 are in operation by the navies of several countries such as Germany, Australia, Spain, Japan and the United Kingdom.
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation