Summit Aviation, a Greenwich AeroGroup company, announced it has hired Josh Allen as its new Director of Manufacturing for the company’s Somerset, Kentucky, location.
A Navy veteran, Mr. Allen most recently served as the PTC Project Director for Keolis Commuter Services in Boston where he was responsible for the positive train control (PTC) system across the MBTA commuter rail network.
“We are extremely pleased that Josh has decided to join our team in Kentucky,” said Vice President and General Manager of Summit Aviation Ralph Kunz. “Our manufacturing unit has experienced considerable achievements over the years resulting in growth in Somerset. Josh will play a vital role in keeping us on the path to success and continued expansion.”
Mr. Allen served in a variety of increasingly prominent aviation positions after he left the Navy. Those positions included roles as Program Manager for Star Aviation in Mobile, Alabama, a Senior Program Manager for Zodiac Aerospace’s Airbus program and as a Senior Program Manager for Gogo Aviation in Chicago.
Mr. Allen’s duties with Summit Aviation will commence on March 8, 2020.
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation
- COVID-19 – Rotorcorp COVID-19 Virus Status & Response
- Helitech World Expo (ex Vertical Flight Expo) picks April 2021 dates
- COVID-19 – British helicopter industry steps up – but still needs more help
- Maryland State Police mark 50 years of medevac flights
- Shady Cove airport opens new helipad