We have decided we must cancel our April 2020 AAAA Nashville based Mission Summit. We will be looking at options in the coming weeks for AAAA to support expanded networking opportunities later this year at our other longstanding annual events.
In view of yesterday afternoon’s Memorandum from the Director of the Army Staff, Department of the Army dated 12 March 2020 and specifically Section 3 paragraph (e), cancelling travel and attendance at conferences through 24 April, the declaration of a States of Emergency by both Kentucky Governor Beshearin and Tennessee Governor Bill Lee yesterday, and in consideration of safety concerns for our attendees presented by the COVID-19 situation, we have no choice but to cancel our event.
We are working through the logistical issues this presents over the next few weeks and will be sending additional instructions to those who have registered both for hotel rooms and individual ticketed events like the Concert. Obviously, no cancellation penalties will apply.
We will be sending separate guidance out to our exhibitors and sponsors shortly.
We recognize the impacts this has on our national awardees and their families and especially our new Hall of Fame members about to be inducted. We will make sure you are all appropriately honored at a later date.
Please also keep in mind the thousands of hotel workers, food and beverage, wait staff, and other hourly civilian support personnel and their families who are all being severely impacted across the country by cancellations like ours.
We will get through this and be the stronger for it!
Again, more to follow over the next few weeks.
Above the Best!
MG Jeff Schloesser, Ret.
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation