We have decided we must cancel our April 2020 AAAA Nashville based Mission Summit. We will be looking at options in the coming weeks for AAAA to support expanded networking opportunities later this year at our other longstanding annual events.
In view of yesterday afternoon’s Memorandum from the Director of the Army Staff, Department of the Army dated 12 March 2020 and specifically Section 3 paragraph (e), cancelling travel and attendance at conferences through 24 April, the declaration of a States of Emergency by both Kentucky Governor Beshearin and Tennessee Governor Bill Lee yesterday, and in consideration of safety concerns for our attendees presented by the COVID-19 situation, we have no choice but to cancel our event.
We are working through the logistical issues this presents over the next few weeks and will be sending additional instructions to those who have registered both for hotel rooms and individual ticketed events like the Concert. Obviously, no cancellation penalties will apply.
We will be sending separate guidance out to our exhibitors and sponsors shortly.
We recognize the impacts this has on our national awardees and their families and especially our new Hall of Fame members about to be inducted. We will make sure you are all appropriately honored at a later date.
Please also keep in mind the thousands of hotel workers, food and beverage, wait staff, and other hourly civilian support personnel and their families who are all being severely impacted across the country by cancellations like ours.
We will get through this and be the stronger for it!
Again, more to follow over the next few weeks.
Above the Best!
MG Jeff Schloesser, Ret.
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics
- Honeywell Paves The Way To Bring Autonomous Landing Capabilities To Urban Air Mobility
- Safran to support German and Norwegian NH90 engines
- GA Telesis launches helicopter leasing company with seven Bell 206L4s
- Operational pause of CH-148 Cyclone fleet lifted