A historic milestone was achieved yesterday when POLAIR1 – one of two Queensland Police Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm BO-105 CBS-5 helicopters – reached a staggering 10,000 hours of flying time.
To put that into perspective, if you were to drive your car at 100km/h, you would circumnavigate the earth 25 times in that same 10,000 hours.
Such a milestone is a true testament to the exceptional reliability of the aircraft utilised by the Service.
POLAIR1 rolled off the production line in 1997, initially starting life in Germany as a rescue machine before a conversion in 2012 and becoming the first dedicated law enforcement rotary aircraft within the state of Queensland.
On a daily basis, POLAIR1 in conjunction POLAIR2, continues to serve the people of Queensland and is showing no signs of slowing down – here’s to 10,000 more!
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- Triumph to provide helicopter MRO services to Global Aerospace Logistics
- MedEvac Foundation Invites Participants to Virtual Event
- SPAES H145 night vision approvals updated for new tactical radios
- Police Aviation News – August 2020 Edition