The coronavirus pandemic is having a severe impact on commercial travel and the general aviation industry.
The London Heliport in Battersea, South London has been working closely with all relevant authorities and will continue to follow the latest advice from Public Health England and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Accordingly, with immediate effect and no forward bookings, The London Heliport will pause all operations.
The Heliport will be unable to provide full services until the national lockdown is lifted. The term of the closure will be at least until 13th April, with a review nearer the time, should this be required. All parties have been advised accordingly and shall be updated with any further information throughout the situation
We expect operations to recommence in the future and will consistently ensure that our dedicated clients and stakeholders are updated with any changes, as soon as clarity is provided.
We are working with the DfT and PHE to ensure we have the most up-to-date information to take the necessary steps as the situation continues to develop and will continue to do so throughout the closure.
London Heliport General Manager Simon Hutchins commented. “We would like to recognise the hard work and dedication of our team at the heliport. Everyone has been working tirelessly to ensure we adhere to Government guidance at all times.”
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit