The coronavirus pandemic is having a severe impact on commercial travel and the general aviation industry.
The London Heliport in Battersea, South London has been working closely with all relevant authorities and will continue to follow the latest advice from Public Health England and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Accordingly, with immediate effect and no forward bookings, The London Heliport will pause all operations.
The Heliport will be unable to provide full services until the national lockdown is lifted. The term of the closure will be at least until 13th April, with a review nearer the time, should this be required. All parties have been advised accordingly and shall be updated with any further information throughout the situation
We expect operations to recommence in the future and will consistently ensure that our dedicated clients and stakeholders are updated with any changes, as soon as clarity is provided.
We are working with the DfT and PHE to ensure we have the most up-to-date information to take the necessary steps as the situation continues to develop and will continue to do so throughout the closure.
London Heliport General Manager Simon Hutchins commented. “We would like to recognise the hard work and dedication of our team at the heliport. Everyone has been working tirelessly to ensure we adhere to Government guidance at all times.”
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue