The European Union Aviation Safety Agency and the National Aviation Authorities of the member states are currently receiving many requests for advice on or approval of special uses of aircraft due to the COVID-19 situation. EASA is handling these requests with highest priority.
Requests include the aeromedical transport of COVID-19 patients using specialised equipment on helicopters and airplanes. EASA has the expertise to evaluate the installation of items such as special air transportable isolators, which may pose specific technical and safety related challenges.
Additionally, helicopters and airplanes are being used to transport urgently required goods as well as specialised equipment, medical supplies and goods which need to be packed in special bags or containers.
Certification approvals of this type will be processed free of charge for industry.
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers