Some lucky Albertans received a congratulatory call today informing them they had a grand prize-winning ticket in the 2020 STARS lottery.
The draws were held in Calgary and witnessed by STARS and Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis officials in accordance with provincial regulations.
“When STARS flies, you know it’s for the worst of the worst,” said Sheldon Mudry, winner of the Edmonton show home. Mudry said he purchases STARS lottery tickets every year. “The level of care this team provides is just phenomenal. I work in construction, and whether I’m on the highway or on a site, it’s good to know they are there if I ever need them.”
“STARS is an integral part of the emergency response system in Alberta and continues to fly during crises such as the pandemic we are currently facing,” said Andrea Robertson, STARS president and CEO. “Please know that our crews remain mission ready and that your support of our lottery directly helps patients in a time of great need. Thank you to everyone who has supported our lottery for the past 27 years, and congratulations to all the winners.”
The STARS lottery remains the non-profit’s largest fundraiser and provides vital operational support for our three Alberta bases. Ninety per cent of main lottery tickets were sold this year while the 50/50 take home jackpot was $2.8 million – the highest total to date. The 27th edition of the lottery offered 2,575 prizes, worth more than $4.9 million retail.
This year’s top three grand prize winners are:
Jeff Collins of Rimbey
Calgary show home worth $1.1 million retail
Sheldon Mudry of Sylvan Lake
Edmonton show home worth $927,780 retail
Jeannette Johnson of Millet
Lethbridge show home worth $922,100 retail
The $2.8 million LUCKY STARS 50/50 winner is Lillian Kirtley of Stettler.
A complete list of winners will be available on April 3 at starslotteryalberta.ca/winners.
Lottery licence number is 545122. LUCKY STARS 50/50 licence number is 545123.
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- Ryan Aerospace wins International Military Training and Simulation award
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half