Some lucky Albertans received a congratulatory call today informing them they had a grand prize-winning ticket in the 2020 STARS lottery.
The draws were held in Calgary and witnessed by STARS and Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis officials in accordance with provincial regulations.
“When STARS flies, you know it’s for the worst of the worst,” said Sheldon Mudry, winner of the Edmonton show home. Mudry said he purchases STARS lottery tickets every year. “The level of care this team provides is just phenomenal. I work in construction, and whether I’m on the highway or on a site, it’s good to know they are there if I ever need them.”
“STARS is an integral part of the emergency response system in Alberta and continues to fly during crises such as the pandemic we are currently facing,” said Andrea Robertson, STARS president and CEO. “Please know that our crews remain mission ready and that your support of our lottery directly helps patients in a time of great need. Thank you to everyone who has supported our lottery for the past 27 years, and congratulations to all the winners.”
The STARS lottery remains the non-profit’s largest fundraiser and provides vital operational support for our three Alberta bases. Ninety per cent of main lottery tickets were sold this year while the 50/50 take home jackpot was $2.8 million – the highest total to date. The 27th edition of the lottery offered 2,575 prizes, worth more than $4.9 million retail.
This year’s top three grand prize winners are:
Jeff Collins of Rimbey
Calgary show home worth $1.1 million retail
Sheldon Mudry of Sylvan Lake
Edmonton show home worth $927,780 retail
Jeannette Johnson of Millet
Lethbridge show home worth $922,100 retail
The $2.8 million LUCKY STARS 50/50 winner is Lillian Kirtley of Stettler.
A complete list of winners will be available on April 3 at starslotteryalberta.ca/winners.
Lottery licence number is 545122. LUCKY STARS 50/50 licence number is 545123.
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit