Daniel Sitnam, President for Helijet International Inc. is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Michael Potter (photo: left) as Director of Flight Operations, to be effective May 1, 2020.
Michael has held the position of Helijet’s Chief Pilot, Rotary Wing Operations for the past two years, and will now oversee all facets of flight operating standards for both Fixed and Rotary Wing Operations at Helijet.
Michael originally joined the company’s Flight Department in May of 1995 becoming a Captain on the SK76. He has extensive managerial and operational rotary and fixed wing flight experience and since August of 2017, has been holding the position of Chief Pilot-Rotary Wing at Helijet. Michael will be working closely in further developing flight operating standards, processes and policy with President and CEO Daniel Sitnam, in conjunction with working alongside Helijet’s VP – Commercial & Business Programs, Chief Pilot-Fixed Wing, Director of Maintenance, Quality Assurance Manager, Director of Safety & Security and Director-Human Resources.
Prior to and throughout his tenure with Helijet, Michael has worked, managed and flown within many facets of the helicopter industry, e.g. air ambulance, mining, forestry, seismic, corporate and law enforcement sectors. Michael has held positions with the Calgary Police Services Unit as a Captain and most recently with STARS Air Ambulance as Captain and Director-Flight Operations.
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and the world’s largest helicopter airline, carrying well over 2.4 million guests in the past 34 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is British Columbia’s longest standing and largest service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies and Insurance companies, throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest.
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1
- WR-ALC completes first TH-1H proof-of-concept overhaul
- New FreeFlight ADS-B receiver reduces reliance on ground, radar stations
- 50+ North Sea workers isolating after rig flights
- NHV to increase hangarage at Aberdeen
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20