Daniel Sitnam, President for Helijet International Inc. is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Michael Potter (photo: left) as Director of Flight Operations, to be effective May 1, 2020.
Michael has held the position of Helijet’s Chief Pilot, Rotary Wing Operations for the past two years, and will now oversee all facets of flight operating standards for both Fixed and Rotary Wing Operations at Helijet.
Michael originally joined the company’s Flight Department in May of 1995 becoming a Captain on the SK76. He has extensive managerial and operational rotary and fixed wing flight experience and since August of 2017, has been holding the position of Chief Pilot-Rotary Wing at Helijet. Michael will be working closely in further developing flight operating standards, processes and policy with President and CEO Daniel Sitnam, in conjunction with working alongside Helijet’s VP – Commercial & Business Programs, Chief Pilot-Fixed Wing, Director of Maintenance, Quality Assurance Manager, Director of Safety & Security and Director-Human Resources.
Prior to and throughout his tenure with Helijet, Michael has worked, managed and flown within many facets of the helicopter industry, e.g. air ambulance, mining, forestry, seismic, corporate and law enforcement sectors. Michael has held positions with the Calgary Police Services Unit as a Captain and most recently with STARS Air Ambulance as Captain and Director-Flight Operations.
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and the world’s largest helicopter airline, carrying well over 2.4 million guests in the past 34 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is British Columbia’s longest standing and largest service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies and Insurance companies, throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest.
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)