Today marks the first flights being made under the Helicopter Assistance to Civil Authorities (HACA) scheme set up by the British Helicopter Association. Two AW109s have this morning flown from the NHS Nightingale Hospital in London to its sister NHS Nightingale Hospital in Sunderland, and will return later in the day.
The aircraft are being operated by Arena Aviation and Atlas Helicopters, and involve the transportation of six people according to Tim Fauchon, CEO of the British Helicopter Association.
The BHA made a major achievement with the completion of a contract to facilitate freight and passenger transport by air in support of coronavirus response across the whole of the UK. The Crown Commercial Service (CCS) – the UK Government contract management organisation – showed great commitment to produce a contract which will ensure that payment is made from central Government funds within 14 days of the task being completed.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Horix Aerospace completes dismantling of two AW109s
- EASA validates STC for AMS Heli Design aeromedical interior for AW109
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- AMS Heli Design receives FAA STC for ALSS interior
- Heart for transplant survives crash on hospital rooftop helipad
- Life Link III grows its fleet of helicopters
- 06-Nov-20 N109EX Leonardo AW109S Boyle Heights, US-California
- MyHeli becomes newest UK CAA AOC operator
- Leonardo AW109/AW119 – EASA releases Issue 22 of TCDS
- 19-Aug-20 N95RZ Leonardo AW109E Wauseon, US-Ohio
- Leonardo AW109 Trekker chosen to support French EMS market
- The Air Ambulance Service charity predicts £2.2M income shortfall but still has £12M in the bank
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Astronautics AFI 4700 RoadRunner EFI gains FAA STC for AW109E Power
- Bulgarian Border Guard upgrades AW109
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- 28-Jun-19 N11NM Leonardo AW109S Brainerd Lakes, US-Minnesota (2F)