Last Thursday, April 30, Airlift marked the opening of their new base in Tromsø in northern Norway. The facility has been set up in connection with the Norwegian Police as an additional preparedness resource. Present to mark the opening were the police chief in Troms police district, Astrid Nilsen, Chief of Staff Morten Pettersen, Minister of Justice Monica Mæland and operations manager of Airlift, Erlend Haugsbø.
From Friday May 1, Airlift now makes available an AW169 on call to the Police, with a one hour response time 24 hours a day, all year. The helicopter will operate from Tromsø Airport, supporting Troms, Nordland and Finnmark police districts. In winter months, where the location has very few daylight hours, the operator may switch to an Airbus AS332C Super Puma.
Airlift has been selected as a supplier for four years with the possibility of renewal for up to three further years. The contract excludes search, rescue and ambulance missions, which will continue to be handled by other public services.
Airlift is part of NHV and operates three Leonardo AW169s, which they acquired in summer 2017 to fly Norwegian Coastal Administration for the provision of marine pilotage to larger vessels arriving on the Norwegian coast. They also have an Airbus AS332L1 Super Puma, an AS332C, twelve AS350B3s and two AS350B2s.
The Norwegian Police operate their own fleet of three Leonardo AW169s.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- 21-Oct-20 N716VL Bell 206B Jones Inlet, US-New York
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine