Last Thursday, April 30, Airlift marked the opening of their new base in Tromsø in northern Norway. The facility has been set up in connection with the Norwegian Police as an additional preparedness resource. Present to mark the opening were the police chief in Troms police district, Astrid Nilsen, Chief of Staff Morten Pettersen, Minister of Justice Monica Mæland and operations manager of Airlift, Erlend Haugsbø.
From Friday May 1, Airlift now makes available an AW169 on call to the Police, with a one hour response time 24 hours a day, all year. The helicopter will operate from Tromsø Airport, supporting Troms, Nordland and Finnmark police districts. In winter months, where the location has very few daylight hours, the operator may switch to an Airbus AS332C Super Puma.
Airlift has been selected as a supplier for four years with the possibility of renewal for up to three further years. The contract excludes search, rescue and ambulance missions, which will continue to be handled by other public services.
Airlift is part of NHV and operates three Leonardo AW169s, which they acquired in summer 2017 to fly Norwegian Coastal Administration for the provision of marine pilotage to larger vessels arriving on the Norwegian coast. They also have an Airbus AS332L1 Super Puma, an AS332C, twelve AS350B3s and two AS350B2s.
The Norwegian Police operate their own fleet of three Leonardo AW169s.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades