Helijet International will continue to offer no-charge flights for BC health care responders travelling on business between Vancouver and Vancouver Island.
A trial initiative announced by Helijet on April 1st offered free seats to doctors, nurses or others in the health care sector who need to travel quickly to provide direct patient care, or to attend urgent medical strategy sessions or briefings on the COVID-19 outbreak.
“During our first four weeks, we’ve flown 140 health professionals. Based on that amount of interest, we’ve decided to extend the program until further notice,” says Danny Sitnam, President and CEO of Richmond, B.C.-based Helijet International. “We want to do our part to help health care responders travel quickly between the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island when they need to during this ongoing pandemic.”
Helijet is an “essential service” air provider and continues to fly daily scheduled passenger and cargo flights between the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. With valid identification, BC health care responders travelling on business can book seats free of charge on any scheduled flight between Vancouver Harbour and Helijet’s Vancouver Island terminals in Nanaimo and Victoria, based on seat availability. Additional details are available at Helijet.com.
- Aberdeen SAR team reach 500th mission milestone
- HAI Names Recipient of 2021 Salute to Excellence Law Enforcement Award
- Airbus drops price on AS350 Crash Resistant Fuel System
- HAI supports Advanced Air Mobility Coordination and Leadership Act
- Turkish Aerospace Industries display unmanned T629 attack helicopter
- Bell-Boeing awarded $309M contract for four CMV-22B Ospreys
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints Interim CEO
- Universal Avionics appoints Director of Contracts
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters