Helijet International will continue to offer no-charge flights for BC health care responders travelling on business between Vancouver and Vancouver Island.
A trial initiative announced by Helijet on April 1st offered free seats to doctors, nurses or others in the health care sector who need to travel quickly to provide direct patient care, or to attend urgent medical strategy sessions or briefings on the COVID-19 outbreak.
“During our first four weeks, we’ve flown 140 health professionals. Based on that amount of interest, we’ve decided to extend the program until further notice,” says Danny Sitnam, President and CEO of Richmond, B.C.-based Helijet International. “We want to do our part to help health care responders travel quickly between the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island when they need to during this ongoing pandemic.”
Helijet is an “essential service” air provider and continues to fly daily scheduled passenger and cargo flights between the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. With valid identification, BC health care responders travelling on business can book seats free of charge on any scheduled flight between Vancouver Harbour and Helijet’s Vancouver Island terminals in Nanaimo and Victoria, based on seat availability. Additional details are available at Helijet.com.
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit