In lieu of the annual WAI Connect Lunch held at Sun ‘n Fun each year in Lakeland, Florida, Women in Aviation International (WAI), will hold a virtual Connect Event on Friday, May 8 at Noon EDT. Sponsored by Piedmont Airlines, the panel features an impressive lineup of female leaders and role models in aviation, with stories that are as inspiring and captivating virtually as they would have been in person at #SNF20.
Moderated by WAI CEO Allison McKay, the panel will include:
Morgan Samuels, Piedmont Airlines First Officer
Laura Spolar, United Airlines Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor and Member of the Award Winning Chix Fix Maintenance Team
Lt. Commander Danielle Varwig, NOAA Aircraft Operations Center
Capt. Kristin “Beo” Wolfe, U.S. Air Force F-35 Demonstration Pilot
Panelists will discuss their career paths, inspirations, the highlights of their chosen fields, lessons-learned over their aviation journeys, and advice to those seeking similar careers. The speakers will also be available on the call for live questions and answers with the participants. The 45-minute event is free to all interested individuals, but attendance is limited to the first 100 attendees.
“The entire WAI team looks forward to Sun ‘n Fun each year to connect with our members and partners, and this year we decided to find a way to connect virtually,” says Allison McKay, WAI CEO. “We appreciate the support of the Sun ‘n Fun organizers in this extraordinary time. With the strength and support of our aviation community, we can get through this, together,” adds Allison.
Those interested in attending can view the complete meeting invitation and participation details at https://www.wai.org/events/virtual-sun-n-fun-connect-lunch.
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset