In 1960, Dwight D. Eisenhower was President of the United States, Johnny Cash played the first of his many free concerts behind bars, and on this day, May 6, 1960, Summit Aviation, the oldest, continuous operating aircraft company in the state of Delaware was founded by Richard “Kip” Dupont.
In the sixty years since its founding, Summit Aviation has evolved into a full-service aviation center serving both domestic and international customers including the U.S. Government Department of Defense and International Military, U.S. Government Non-Department of Defense and Special Missions, general and corporate aviation, and state and local law enforcement. It was acquired by Greenwich AeroGroup in 2008.
“Summit Aviation boasts a long history of successfully serving its customers,” said Vice President and General Manager for Summit Aviation Ralph Kunz. “We are extremely honored to carry on and expand the vision that Kip Dupont started with so long ago. We owe our success to that vision, our dedicated ownership, our customers, and the talented team of employees that have helped us grow and expand this company since 1960.”
In light of COVID-19, the company plans to celebrate with the community, customers and employees at a later date.
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset