I’d like to thank those you who responded to the APSCON 2020 Survey. Your responses were instrumental in the APSA Board of Director’s discussion on the future of the event during a recent special meeting of the Board. Recognizing that the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, instructors and staff are our top concerns, and based on information from multiple sources on current and projected factors related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Board decided it would be impractical to conduct the event as scheduled. The factors considered that affect APSA’s ability to conduct a successful event included new health precautions (social distancing, masks, hand sanitizing, etc.), reduced travel options, economic recession, people’s general crowd aversion, low registration numbers to date and the substantial loss of sponsorship of social networking events, courses, awards, scholarships and other items such as tote bags and nametags/lanyards that we have traditionally enjoyed.
In lieu of APSCON 2020, we will be adding many of the classes from the conference to the live Webinar Training Series already posted on our website. We are also developing a plan to present the courses normally conducted during the event live online and researching options for a virtual tradeshow so you can still interact with our corporate members registered to exhibit. We are working hard on finalizing the details, so look for more information soon via email and our website. And we have several events scheduled for later in the year that are still on at this time.
Thank you again for being part of the APSA community and we hope you, your coworkers and your loved ones are safe and well during these unprecedented times. We look forward to interacting with you virtually or at an in-person event later this year, and seeing everyone in New Orleans next year for APSCON 2021. Laissez bon temps rouler!
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021