I’d like to thank those you who responded to the APSCON 2020 Survey. Your responses were instrumental in the APSA Board of Director’s discussion on the future of the event during a recent special meeting of the Board. Recognizing that the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, instructors and staff are our top concerns, and based on information from multiple sources on current and projected factors related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Board decided it would be impractical to conduct the event as scheduled. The factors considered that affect APSA’s ability to conduct a successful event included new health precautions (social distancing, masks, hand sanitizing, etc.), reduced travel options, economic recession, people’s general crowd aversion, low registration numbers to date and the substantial loss of sponsorship of social networking events, courses, awards, scholarships and other items such as tote bags and nametags/lanyards that we have traditionally enjoyed.
In lieu of APSCON 2020, we will be adding many of the classes from the conference to the live Webinar Training Series already posted on our website. We are also developing a plan to present the courses normally conducted during the event live online and researching options for a virtual tradeshow so you can still interact with our corporate members registered to exhibit. We are working hard on finalizing the details, so look for more information soon via email and our website. And we have several events scheduled for later in the year that are still on at this time.
Thank you again for being part of the APSA community and we hope you, your coworkers and your loved ones are safe and well during these unprecedented times. We look forward to interacting with you virtually or at an in-person event later this year, and seeing everyone in New Orleans next year for APSCON 2021. Laissez bon temps rouler!
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility