I’d like to thank those you who responded to the APSCON 2020 Survey. Your responses were instrumental in the APSA Board of Director’s discussion on the future of the event during a recent special meeting of the Board. Recognizing that the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, instructors and staff are our top concerns, and based on information from multiple sources on current and projected factors related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Board decided it would be impractical to conduct the event as scheduled. The factors considered that affect APSA’s ability to conduct a successful event included new health precautions (social distancing, masks, hand sanitizing, etc.), reduced travel options, economic recession, people’s general crowd aversion, low registration numbers to date and the substantial loss of sponsorship of social networking events, courses, awards, scholarships and other items such as tote bags and nametags/lanyards that we have traditionally enjoyed.
In lieu of APSCON 2020, we will be adding many of the classes from the conference to the live Webinar Training Series already posted on our website. We are also developing a plan to present the courses normally conducted during the event live online and researching options for a virtual tradeshow so you can still interact with our corporate members registered to exhibit. We are working hard on finalizing the details, so look for more information soon via email and our website. And we have several events scheduled for later in the year that are still on at this time.
Thank you again for being part of the APSA community and we hope you, your coworkers and your loved ones are safe and well during these unprecedented times. We look forward to interacting with you virtually or at an in-person event later this year, and seeing everyone in New Orleans next year for APSCON 2021. Laissez bon temps rouler!
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet