I’d like to thank those you who responded to the APSCON 2020 Survey. Your responses were instrumental in the APSA Board of Director’s discussion on the future of the event during a recent special meeting of the Board. Recognizing that the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, instructors and staff are our top concerns, and based on information from multiple sources on current and projected factors related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Board decided it would be impractical to conduct the event as scheduled. The factors considered that affect APSA’s ability to conduct a successful event included new health precautions (social distancing, masks, hand sanitizing, etc.), reduced travel options, economic recession, people’s general crowd aversion, low registration numbers to date and the substantial loss of sponsorship of social networking events, courses, awards, scholarships and other items such as tote bags and nametags/lanyards that we have traditionally enjoyed.
In lieu of APSCON 2020, we will be adding many of the classes from the conference to the live Webinar Training Series already posted on our website. We are also developing a plan to present the courses normally conducted during the event live online and researching options for a virtual tradeshow so you can still interact with our corporate members registered to exhibit. We are working hard on finalizing the details, so look for more information soon via email and our website. And we have several events scheduled for later in the year that are still on at this time.
Thank you again for being part of the APSA community and we hope you, your coworkers and your loved ones are safe and well during these unprecedented times. We look forward to interacting with you virtually or at an in-person event later this year, and seeing everyone in New Orleans next year for APSCON 2021. Laissez bon temps rouler!
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset