Metro recently delivered two refurbished AS350 B3 aircraft to the Ministry of Security of the Province of Buenos Aires. The refurbishments included mandated 12-year inspections of the aircraft.
“This 12-year inspection involved a lot of moving parts and attention to detail, so we’re excited to put this helicopter back into service for the Province of Buenos Aires,” said Amy McMullen, Metro’s customer configuration coordinator. “Expanding our partnership within Argentina has proven to cement our relationship with the country.”
The overhauls involved many comprehensive repairs. Upon the aircraft’s arrival, the Metro team identified several areas of need involving lower blade corrosion, interior upholstery damage, and windshield impairment to name a few. In addition to repairs, The Shreveport, Louisiana-based completion center outfitted the helicopters with a fast rope system for air-to-ground police transport, an upgraded avionics system and a premium paint service.
These completions mark the third aircraft Metro delivered to this South American customer, solidifying three years of partnership.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation