Metro recently delivered two refurbished AS350 B3 aircraft to the Ministry of Security of the Province of Buenos Aires. The refurbishments included mandated 12-year inspections of the aircraft.
“This 12-year inspection involved a lot of moving parts and attention to detail, so we’re excited to put this helicopter back into service for the Province of Buenos Aires,” said Amy McMullen, Metro’s customer configuration coordinator. “Expanding our partnership within Argentina has proven to cement our relationship with the country.”
The overhauls involved many comprehensive repairs. Upon the aircraft’s arrival, the Metro team identified several areas of need involving lower blade corrosion, interior upholstery damage, and windshield impairment to name a few. In addition to repairs, The Shreveport, Louisiana-based completion center outfitted the helicopters with a fast rope system for air-to-ground police transport, an upgraded avionics system and a premium paint service.
These completions mark the third aircraft Metro delivered to this South American customer, solidifying three years of partnership.
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual