Metro recently delivered two refurbished AS350 B3 aircraft to the Ministry of Security of the Province of Buenos Aires. The refurbishments included mandated 12-year inspections of the aircraft.
“This 12-year inspection involved a lot of moving parts and attention to detail, so we’re excited to put this helicopter back into service for the Province of Buenos Aires,” said Amy McMullen, Metro’s customer configuration coordinator. “Expanding our partnership within Argentina has proven to cement our relationship with the country.”
The overhauls involved many comprehensive repairs. Upon the aircraft’s arrival, the Metro team identified several areas of need involving lower blade corrosion, interior upholstery damage, and windshield impairment to name a few. In addition to repairs, The Shreveport, Louisiana-based completion center outfitted the helicopters with a fast rope system for air-to-ground police transport, an upgraded avionics system and a premium paint service.
These completions mark the third aircraft Metro delivered to this South American customer, solidifying three years of partnership.
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- 21-Oct-20 N716VL Bell 206B Jones Inlet, US-New York
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey