Era Group Inc. (NYSE: ERA) is pleased to announce the 10-year service anniversary of its Search and Rescue (“SAR”) program in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Collaborating with Priority 1 Air Rescue (“P1AR”), an internationally recognized leader of SAR services, the Company pioneered the establishment of its commercial air ambulance and search and rescue offering in the United States in 2010. The Company also established the first light SAR program in Suriname in 2017.
The Company’s SAR program is the only medially licensed provider in the Gulf of Mexico that offers Advanced Life Support (ALS) medical expertise as well as full SAR services day or night. Within the last few months, the program has completed numerous emergency evacuations with probable or known cases of COVID-19, in addition to other various emergency taskings in the Outer Continental Shelf.
To date, the Company’s SAR program has completed over 1,500 day and night missions, including night vision goggle hoists offshore, for more than 80 different companies operating in the Gulf of Mexico. The Company has maintained an impeccable safety record despite the challenging operating conditions present during many SAR missions.
The Company’s SAR program has received many industry accolades, including the 2017 Helicopter Association International (HAI) Salute to Excellence Airbus Helicopters Golden Hour Award. The annual award is presented to those who have advanced the use of helicopters in the vital mission of air medical transport.
“Era’s SAR program and supporting team members are some of the best in the world,” said Paul White, Senior Vice President, Commercial. “We are extremely proud of the dedicated team members who provide these potentially life critical services day in and day out during these very difficult times.”
Brad Matheson, President of P1AR states, “Ever since we joined forces with Era in 2010, we have found the perfect collective synergy by leveraging our unique and complementary fields of expertise to create a highly efficient and effective world-class Advanced Life Support Air Ambulance SAR service. Our O&G partners and customers are very committed to the well-being of their offshore workers, and managing risk requires a broad-spectrum approach to consider not only the SAR capability but also the quality and level of emergency medical care.”
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident
- General Electric Aviation awarded $101M contract for support of CH-53K
- Second Nigerian Air Force Mi-171E inducted
- RACQ CQ Rescue publishes 2020 mission stats
- LifeNet Partners with Columbus Community Hospital to Provide Air Medical Services
- US Army requests funding for Rescue Litter Stabilization System
- Bell Certifies New Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring Device
- Bristow appoints Area Manager in Brazil
- Updated Bucher EMS interior approved by EASA on H135
- The Loar Group Announces the Acquisition of Safe Flight Instrument Corporation
- Electric VTOL Aircraft Developments Advancing Despite Pandemic