Era Group Inc. (NYSE: ERA) is pleased to announce the 10-year service anniversary of its Search and Rescue (“SAR”) program in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Collaborating with Priority 1 Air Rescue (“P1AR”), an internationally recognized leader of SAR services, the Company pioneered the establishment of its commercial air ambulance and search and rescue offering in the United States in 2010. The Company also established the first light SAR program in Suriname in 2017.
The Company’s SAR program is the only medially licensed provider in the Gulf of Mexico that offers Advanced Life Support (ALS) medical expertise as well as full SAR services day or night. Within the last few months, the program has completed numerous emergency evacuations with probable or known cases of COVID-19, in addition to other various emergency taskings in the Outer Continental Shelf.
To date, the Company’s SAR program has completed over 1,500 day and night missions, including night vision goggle hoists offshore, for more than 80 different companies operating in the Gulf of Mexico. The Company has maintained an impeccable safety record despite the challenging operating conditions present during many SAR missions.
The Company’s SAR program has received many industry accolades, including the 2017 Helicopter Association International (HAI) Salute to Excellence Airbus Helicopters Golden Hour Award. The annual award is presented to those who have advanced the use of helicopters in the vital mission of air medical transport.
“Era’s SAR program and supporting team members are some of the best in the world,” said Paul White, Senior Vice President, Commercial. “We are extremely proud of the dedicated team members who provide these potentially life critical services day in and day out during these very difficult times.”
Brad Matheson, President of P1AR states, “Ever since we joined forces with Era in 2010, we have found the perfect collective synergy by leveraging our unique and complementary fields of expertise to create a highly efficient and effective world-class Advanced Life Support Air Ambulance SAR service. Our O&G partners and customers are very committed to the well-being of their offshore workers, and managing risk requires a broad-spectrum approach to consider not only the SAR capability but also the quality and level of emergency medical care.”
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- Triumph to provide helicopter MRO services to Global Aerospace Logistics
- MedEvac Foundation Invites Participants to Virtual Event
- SPAES H145 night vision approvals updated for new tactical radios
- Police Aviation News – August 2020 Edition