Due to the current concern regarding the spread of the coronavirus disease (covid-19), Airbus Helicopters is actively supporting customers by proposing solutions so that they may fly in safe and sanitary conditions.
For this purpose, Airbus Helicopters has published the following Information Notice (IN) and Safety Information Notice (SIN):
• IN 3476-I-12 revision 1 “SERVICING – Disinfection of the helicopter interior and the external handles”
This document provides guidance about disinfection materials and procedures related to indirect contamination on helicopters, workplaces and tools, including the application procedures.
• IN 3492-I-25 revision 4 “EQUIPMENT AND FURNISHINGS – Isolation between cockpit and passenger compartment”
This document provides guidance for aircraft cockpit isolation and details on ventilation covering the BO105, AS350, H135, H145, Dauphin family (SA365/AS365/H155), H175 and Super Puma family (AS332/H225) of helicopters; and for heating and air conditioning systems.
• SIN 3497-S-00 revision 0 “Operational ‘human factor’ risks linked to the covid-19 crisis”
This document supports all operators on the necessary change management associated with covid-19. It aims to increase awareness and to facilitate the identification of possible hazards by providing non-exhaustive examples of points considered to be a risk in view of the covid-19 crisis.
• SIN 3506-S-10 revision 0 “PARKING AND MOORING – Helicopter parking for an extended period of time (work stoppage)”
This document summarises helicopter storage procedures and the soon-to-be-published Service Bulletin to improve storage procedures for helicopters that are stored for six months or less.
These documents in their latest revisions are available through the T.I.P.I. Technical Information Publication portal.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation