DTN, an independent source of insights, analysis and decision-support solutions, announced today that its premier weather solution AviationSentry Helicopter Edition is now available in Europe. Designed for the unique needs of helicopter operations, AviationSentry provides fast, accurate, and comprehensive weather briefings and alerts — protecting employees, customers, and assets.
Accurate forecasting and access to real-time weather data and meteorological consultation are critical for the aviation industry, but helicopter operators have specific weather challenges. For example, helicopter operators often need location‑specific weather information to support flights into accident scenes, land in a small radius, or short go/no-go flight decisions. This requires customized weather data for their unique flight capabilities and technical configurations.
AviationSentry Helicopter Edition provides patented flight hazard forecasts to better determine low-altitude weather-related risks, hourly updates, a flight-risk checklist assessment and flight profile information. The application supports multiple languages, including English, Spanish, French, and German.
“Our focus at DTN is to deliver the insights our customers need to make critical business decisions, whether that is on the ground, or in-flight, or on the scene,” said Michael Eilts, DTN senior vice president weather. “Expanding AviationSentry Helicopter Edition to Europe is another step toward helping our aviation customers improve flight safety, protect passengers and staff and reduce the risk all over the globe.”
Having the most accurate and up-to-the-minute weather data helps eliminate the potential threats to bases, helicopters, and other sites like hospitals and oil rigs. RotorWatch®, a premium add-on service for AviationSentry, layers the current position of helicopters with weather information, color coded to reflect the individual weather alert status for each asset. Alerts can be tailored to an operator’s specific threshold for weather, for a real-time view of conditions impacting a fleet.
DTN AviationSentry Helicopter Edition offers 4D Flight Route Alerting with real-time evaluation of flight plans and lightning data, and customized alerts so pilots can change course, avoid dangers, and prevent serious delays.
DTN is a leader and innovator for aviation weather solutions, with customers including the world’s busiest airports to over 250 commercial airlines. More than 70% of all air medical helicopter operators in the United States rely on AviationSentry Helicopter Edition.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation