DTN, an independent source of insights, analysis and decision-support solutions, announced today that its premier weather solution AviationSentry Helicopter Edition is now available in Europe. Designed for the unique needs of helicopter operations, AviationSentry provides fast, accurate, and comprehensive weather briefings and alerts — protecting employees, customers, and assets.
Accurate forecasting and access to real-time weather data and meteorological consultation are critical for the aviation industry, but helicopter operators have specific weather challenges. For example, helicopter operators often need location‑specific weather information to support flights into accident scenes, land in a small radius, or short go/no-go flight decisions. This requires customized weather data for their unique flight capabilities and technical configurations.
AviationSentry Helicopter Edition provides patented flight hazard forecasts to better determine low-altitude weather-related risks, hourly updates, a flight-risk checklist assessment and flight profile information. The application supports multiple languages, including English, Spanish, French, and German.
“Our focus at DTN is to deliver the insights our customers need to make critical business decisions, whether that is on the ground, or in-flight, or on the scene,” said Michael Eilts, DTN senior vice president weather. “Expanding AviationSentry Helicopter Edition to Europe is another step toward helping our aviation customers improve flight safety, protect passengers and staff and reduce the risk all over the globe.”
Having the most accurate and up-to-the-minute weather data helps eliminate the potential threats to bases, helicopters, and other sites like hospitals and oil rigs. RotorWatch®, a premium add-on service for AviationSentry, layers the current position of helicopters with weather information, color coded to reflect the individual weather alert status for each asset. Alerts can be tailored to an operator’s specific threshold for weather, for a real-time view of conditions impacting a fleet.
DTN AviationSentry Helicopter Edition offers 4D Flight Route Alerting with real-time evaluation of flight plans and lightning data, and customized alerts so pilots can change course, avoid dangers, and prevent serious delays.
DTN is a leader and innovator for aviation weather solutions, with customers including the world’s busiest airports to over 250 commercial airlines. More than 70% of all air medical helicopter operators in the United States rely on AviationSentry Helicopter Edition.
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter
- Albuquerque Police get public complaints from increase helicopter use
- Italian Army retires AB205 after 51 years service
- PNG LNG adds H145 for Papua New Guinea operations
- EBAA to Send Young Leaders to One Young World Global Youth Summit
- UPMC Mercy Unveils New Rooftop Helipad
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Ansat to a client in Europe
- Asia Pacific Aerospace Extends its T700 MRO Provider Agreement with GE Aviation
- Spectrum Aeromed Brings On New VP of Operations
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connect