We gratefully thank you for your unwavering support during the COVID-19 pandemic and for ensuring our lifesaving service can continue to save those in need.
A constant stream of donations and virtual fundraisers for the service has enabled a return to a 7-day operation from the 1st June 2020! As you know, the Air Ambulance had operated a 5-day only service due to cost saving measures put in place earlier this year, after the unprecedented amount of missions and COVID-19 put financial pressure on our service.
A return to a 7-day service has been a huge focus for the ICRR team and we are thrilled to finally see this critically needed Air Ambulance where it should be; in the air when we need it most . We sincerely thank you all for making this possible. However, the ongoing challenge of keeping it there is our priority and continued support from those than can give is vital. Every mission counts, so every donation counts too.
Recently the service was tasked to a serious medical emergency in rural Adrigole on the beautiful, but rural, Beara Peninsula, Co. Cork. A much-loved member of the O’Neill family suffered anaphylaxis (a severe allergic reaction) and needed immediate lifesaving care. The O’Neill family chose to express their gratitude to the ICRR Air Ambulance crew by starting a Go Fund Me page to raise vital funds to help others in their greatest time of need. The Go Fund Me page, already has over €9000 and counting.
Mrs. O’Neill said “I’m so grateful to ICRR for saving my life. Without the ICRR Air Ambulance and local Ambulance we as a family, could have had a vastly different outcome that day. We want to raise awareness about the importance of maintaining this vital service. My husband and I are overwhelmed by the generosity of our family, friends and the public”.
Innovative fundraising in the face of the pandemic restrictions has been a huge lifeline for our service, with fundraising ideas like ‘Duhallow’s Fittest Club’ pitting 23 GAA clubs in the North Cork area of Duhallow against each other in a bid to raise funds for local charities including the ICRR Air Ambulance. The fundraiser has raised almost €35000 on their Go Fund Me page and the event is in its final days, as the 23rd May sees a tie-breaker between Ballydesmond and Kiskeam GAA clubs who will go head-to-head for the title.
Organiser, Sean Linehan said “We chose the ICRR Air Ambulance as we see it as a vital service, not only for the Duhallow area, but for the entire Munster region. Participants were delighted to get some fun exercise in whilst also help raise vital funds. Some age-old rivalries also surfaced of course, but it was all very much well natured!”.
From myself and all the ICRR crew we are so grateful for the outpouring of support and donations from people across Ireland, we sincerely thank each and every person who answered our call. The online and offline community spirit by way of donations and showing support with beautifully drawn pictures being posted to our crews has made this difficult time an easier journey. It’s been overwhelming and incredibly uplifting to see so many people understand the necessity of this service for our communities. The O’Neill family fundraiser and Duhallow’s Fittest Club are just some of many fundraisers that have ensured another lifesaving mission is possible!
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation