Kaman Air Vehicles, a division of Kaman Corporation (NYSE: KAMN), announced the United States Forest Service (USFS) awarded 40 percent of all Type 1, large helicopters exclusive use contracts, to K-MAX helicopter operators. These four-year contracts ensure immediate resources are available to the USFS when the need for firefighting arises.
“We are very excited to operate our K-MAX helicopters to support the USFS, it’s a great platform with a proven historical record”
ROTAK Helicopter Services has been selected to provide two of the exclusive use Type 1 helicopters for wildfire suppression. “We are very excited to operate our K-MAX helicopters to support the USFS, it’s a great platform with a proven historical record,” said Ely Woods, General Manager, ROTAK Helicopter Services, Alaskan based helicopter operator specializing in aerial construction activities, wildfire suppression, disaster relief, and power line construction.
“Kaman is honored to provide a product that allows K-MAX operators to successfully support the USFS firefighting operations and our employees are proud of the role the K-MAX plays in reducing personal loss to all Americans who are impacted by wildfires. We stand by with parts and support to ensure our operators are available to aid the USFS in this critical function,” said Darlene Smith, Vice President and General Manager of the Kaman Air Vehicles division.
The K-MAX® is a rugged, low-maintenance aircraft that features a counter-rotating rotor system and is optimized for cyclical, external load operations. The aircraft can lift up to 6,000 pounds (2,722 kg). The first unmanned helicopter was flown by Kaman in 1953.
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK