Metro Aviation is pleased to announce Brian Bihler as the company’s new Director of Operations. Brian will work closely with the Safety and Training departments to oversee the daily aviation operations for Metro’s 36 air medical customers and more than 140 aircraft.
“Brian has been with the Metro family for just over a decade, and we have a tremendous amount of trust in his leadership and decision making,” said Metro COO Kenny Morrow. “I know he will manage our operations department as safely and efficiently as possible.”
Brian joined Metro as a Line Pilot for the Allegheny Life Flight program in 2009, later taking on the roles of Regional Check Airman, Pilot Training Manager, Assistant Chief Pilot and, most recently, Chief Pilot. Brian holds a Rotorcraft ATP certificate, FAA Gold Seal Flight Instructor rating, and is a Part 135 Check Airman. Prior to entering the air ambulance industry in 2007, he served as an Officer and Pilot in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Aviation Unit.
He has gone above and beyond during his time at Metro, and we are excited for what he will bring to this new role.
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue