Metro Aviation is pleased to announce Brian Bihler as the company’s new Director of Operations. Brian will work closely with the Safety and Training departments to oversee the daily aviation operations for Metro’s 36 air medical customers and more than 140 aircraft.
“Brian has been with the Metro family for just over a decade, and we have a tremendous amount of trust in his leadership and decision making,” said Metro COO Kenny Morrow. “I know he will manage our operations department as safely and efficiently as possible.”
Brian joined Metro as a Line Pilot for the Allegheny Life Flight program in 2009, later taking on the roles of Regional Check Airman, Pilot Training Manager, Assistant Chief Pilot and, most recently, Chief Pilot. Brian holds a Rotorcraft ATP certificate, FAA Gold Seal Flight Instructor rating, and is a Part 135 Check Airman. Prior to entering the air ambulance industry in 2007, he served as an Officer and Pilot in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Aviation Unit.
He has gone above and beyond during his time at Metro, and we are excited for what he will bring to this new role.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation