Wings Air Helicopters, a Westchester, NY based helicopter company has started a new initiative to offer frontline healthcare professionals a tangible thank you for their heroic efforts during the COVID-19 global pandemic: “Helicopters over New York for Healthcare Heroes” will allow healthcare professionals to experience a once-in-a-lifetime helicopter tour free of charge. Tours will depart from Wings Air’s home base at Westchester County Airport and dazzle passengers with magnificent aerial views of New York City and Westchester County.
Following a two-month business closure due to the pandemic, Wings Air has called on the public to help cover the operating costs associated with this initiative. Contributions are accepted via GoFundMe. The suggested donation amount is $150 which will cover 50% of the cost for a 30-minute tour for two passengers. However, any amount is welcome, as it will all go towards the same goal. The “Helicopters over New York for Healthcare Heroes” initiative will continue through the end of 2020 depending on funds raised.
Healthcare professionals from hard hit New York City, Westchester County and Fairfield County hospitals are encouraged to contact Wings Air Helicopters to sign themselves and a guest up for a complimentary flight. Tours will be scheduled on a first come first serve basis between 10:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily (weather permitting) with the exception of major holidays. To protect passengers and crew members all helicopters will be sanitized after each flight and pilots will wear masks. Wings Air will make disposable masks and hand sanitizer available to all passengers prior to flights.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics