Precise Flight, Inc. has expanded its Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for the Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System to include approvals for the Bell 429 and Bell 505 variations.
The Pulselite® System is an FAA certified lightweight electrical system controller that alternatively pulses the landing and auxiliary lights of a helicopter, thereby increasing visibility and reflecting the speed and directional movement of the rotorcraft. In addition to enhancing the margin of safety by increasing rotorcraft recognition, the Pulselite® System has been proven to significantly reduce bird strikes.
“We are excited to offer the Pulselite System to Bell’s customers around the world,” said Jennifer Lunceford, sales manager of Aeronautical Accessories. “Expanding this STC to include the Bell 505 and Bell 429 enables us to offer this important safety system to operators of all models of Bell helicopters.
“Precise Flight is excited to expand the Pulselite System STC to support the Bell 429 and Bell 505 variations, and we will continue to invest in the Pulselite® STC to ensure this critical safety system is available to Bell’s growing customer base around the world,” said Doug La Placa, Chief Executive Officer of Precise Flight, Inc.
The Pulselite® System is installed on more than 30,000 aircraft worldwide and is certified for most rotorcraft models (click here for more information about Precise Flight, Inc.’s Bird Strike Prevention System).
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20
- British Helicopter Association announces winner of annual Eric Brown Award
- Longbow awarded $32M contract for spare parts kits for AH-64E
- Garmin announces 2021 Virtual Format Pilot Training Classes
- Babcock starts Total contract from Aberdeen
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- Philippine Coast Guard takes delivery of second H145
- Life Link III Acquires FlightBridgeED
- Study supports EMS use of piloted multicopters
- Helicoper link reopens to Kedarnath pilgrimage site
- Kawasaki puts supercharged H2R engine in a helicopter
- ASU President Announces Retirement
- MD Helicopters Awarded Two Army Contracting Command MD530F Contracts