More than 1,000 names have now been added to the underside of the new Cornwall Air Ambulance helicopter.
As part of the Heli Heroes campaign, supporters paid a minimum of £100 for their name of choice to be added to the helicopter to help raise money for the New Heli Appeal.
It was a hugely popular campaign and the name places sold out at the end of 2019, raising over £120,000 for the charity.
The names appear in alphabetical order on the underside of the helicopter, making up three large yellow chevrons, which are visible when the aircraft flies overhead. The chevrons were created by design and marketing agency Wolf Rock.
Stuart Beveridge, Marketing & Communications Manager for Cornwall Air Ambulance, said: “We wanted to give our supporters the opportunity to have a closer connection to the new helicopter and the Heli Heroes idea provided a great way to do this. We know how much it means for everyone to see their loved one’s name on there, flying alongside the crew on lifesaving missions. Every name tells a different story and we are proud to display those names.
“We were delighted by the popularity of the campaign and want to say a huge thank you to everyone who donated so generously to become a Heli Hero.”
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics