Bell Textron Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT) company, announced a new comprehensive ownership program for purchasers of new Bell commercial aircraft, including the Bell 505, Bell 407GXi, Bell 429, and SUBARU Bell 412EPX. Bell will include a one-year subscription to Garmin® OnePak™ database bundles and the Garmin Pilot™ app as part of each new aircraft purchase. Database Concierge, the wireless transfer of aviation database information, alleviates the burden of database management by using a mobile device running Garmin Pilot to automatically transfer databases to the aircraft avionics.
“Earlier this year, Bell announced its investment in new avionics suites across our entire commercial portfolio, and this is another step to deliver the most technologically equipped aircraft to our operators,” said Susan Griffin, executive vice president, Commercial Business, Bell. “In an effort to continue to add value to the operator and provide the information pilots need to complete their flight requirements, Bell is excited to expand its offering to customers with Garmin’s OnePak database and Garmin Pilot Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) solution. This program will provide customers an unparalleled and streamlined aircraft ownership experience with straightforward database management.”
Garmin’s OnePak is capable of wirelessly transferring aviation databases from the Garmin Pilot app, on an Apple mobile device, to the avionics in the cockpit when using an optional Flight Stream 510 multimedia card. OnePak databases can also be downloaded from the flyGarmin® website. The Garmin OnePak subscription includes Garmin Navigation Database (Heli), Frequency database, Basemap, Airport Directory, Garmin FliteCharts®, IFR enroute charts, VFR sectional charts, Terrain/Obstacles and SafeTaxi®.
In addition, Garmin’s OnePak includes the Garmin Pilot application, which provides electronic flight bag features that seamlessly integrate with the Garmin cockpit. Garmin Pilot includes interactive maps, comprehensive, aviation weather, synthetic vision, documents, flight plan filing and full-featured enroute navigation with FliteCharts and SafeTaxi.
The Garmin OnePak is currently available for all North and South America-based operators.
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri