In July 2018, Airbus Helicopters announced a large order from the Ukraine, including 21 H225s, 10 H145s and 24 H125s.
Prior to this official announcement, HeliHub.com reported that the H225s were in fact lease repossessions from offshore operator CHC which were being converted for the Ukraine, and included three in the search and rescue role.
At Heli-Expo 2019, Airbus provided further information on the H145s, noting that two will be delivered in the four-blade BK117D2 format, while the remaining eight will be built in the upgraded five-blade BK117D3 specification. The latter provides an extra 150kg of payload.
HeliHub.com can now reveal that the first of the two four-blade H145s began its flight test phase on 27th May, and is painted in a dark blue and white scheme as shown in the photos accompanying this article. With Ukraine language “Police” titles, and the serial 01 on the engine covers, the aircraft is not yet carrying any law enforcement role equipment externally.
- SAFE provides maintenance stands to New Mexico State Police
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- 06-Aug-20 PK-JBX Airbus H145 Batulicin, Indonesia
- DRF “Christoph 42” in Schleswig-Holstein upgrades from EC145 to H145
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- 01-Jun-20 LN-OOU Airbus H145 Skibotn, Norway
- Airbus will only sell you a five-blade H145 now
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- UK Military Flying Training System to add four Airbus H145s
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- Christoph 51 has been used more than 25,000 times in 30 years
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU