Aerospace Logistics Group (ALG) members Compass Forwarding and Talkcargo partnered to ship a Eurocopter EC135 helicopter from the United Kingdom to the United States this month. The group handled the door-to-door movement of the aircraft from Brighton City Airport in Southern England to Allegheny County Airport in the Pittsburgh area via containerized ocean freight. The project included specialized trucking solutions in both countries, airside coordination of a 50-ton crane, and rapid customs clearance to meet a tight delivery schedule.
The aircraft was delivered to a leading operator of emergency medical helicopters.
“Despite the challenges of COVID, both Compass Forwarding and ALG are continuing to provide the highest service standard to the aerospace industry without interruption,” said Compass’ Director of Aerospace and ALG board member Robert M. Shelala II.
“Another successful global helicopter movement involving the lead client in New Zealand, a helicopter move UK – USA. Talkcargo combined with Compass Forwarding and the Aerospace Logistics Group to work seamlessly with all parties to ensure the delivery of this valuable machinery in an extremely challenging environment,” said Aubrey Inston, Director of Talkcargo and ALG board member. “We thank all those involved and the trust shown by our clients, and the care taken by all our partners.”
The ALG was founded in 2007 as a group of freight forwarders with specialized expertise in transporting aerospace equipment around the world. Today, the group has partners in over 50 countries with 24/7/365 AOG support. The network offers integrated solutions for the global movement of engines, airframes, and spare parts – as well as on-board courier options for the most time-sensitive shipments. ALG also coordinates stocking and distribution solutions for aircraft systems and spare parts.
ALG is accredited as the Best in Class Aerospace Freight Forwarding Network by the Global Institute of Logistics.
Image © Copyright of Dave Haines – used by HeliHub.com with prior permission
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires