Aerospace Logistics Group (ALG) members Compass Forwarding and Talkcargo partnered to ship a Eurocopter EC135 helicopter from the United Kingdom to the United States this month. The group handled the door-to-door movement of the aircraft from Brighton City Airport in Southern England to Allegheny County Airport in the Pittsburgh area via containerized ocean freight. The project included specialized trucking solutions in both countries, airside coordination of a 50-ton crane, and rapid customs clearance to meet a tight delivery schedule.
The aircraft was delivered to a leading operator of emergency medical helicopters.
“Despite the challenges of COVID, both Compass Forwarding and ALG are continuing to provide the highest service standard to the aerospace industry without interruption,” said Compass’ Director of Aerospace and ALG board member Robert M. Shelala II.
“Another successful global helicopter movement involving the lead client in New Zealand, a helicopter move UK – USA. Talkcargo combined with Compass Forwarding and the Aerospace Logistics Group to work seamlessly with all parties to ensure the delivery of this valuable machinery in an extremely challenging environment,” said Aubrey Inston, Director of Talkcargo and ALG board member. “We thank all those involved and the trust shown by our clients, and the care taken by all our partners.”
The ALG was founded in 2007 as a group of freight forwarders with specialized expertise in transporting aerospace equipment around the world. Today, the group has partners in over 50 countries with 24/7/365 AOG support. The network offers integrated solutions for the global movement of engines, airframes, and spare parts – as well as on-board courier options for the most time-sensitive shipments. ALG also coordinates stocking and distribution solutions for aircraft systems and spare parts.
ALG is accredited as the Best in Class Aerospace Freight Forwarding Network by the Global Institute of Logistics.
Image © Copyright of Dave Haines – used by HeliHub.com with prior permission
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics