Aerospace Logistics Group (ALG) members Compass Forwarding and Talkcargo partnered to ship a Eurocopter EC135 helicopter from the United Kingdom to the United States this month. The group handled the door-to-door movement of the aircraft from Brighton City Airport in Southern England to Allegheny County Airport in the Pittsburgh area via containerized ocean freight. The project included specialized trucking solutions in both countries, airside coordination of a 50-ton crane, and rapid customs clearance to meet a tight delivery schedule.
The aircraft was delivered to a leading operator of emergency medical helicopters.
“Despite the challenges of COVID, both Compass Forwarding and ALG are continuing to provide the highest service standard to the aerospace industry without interruption,” said Compass’ Director of Aerospace and ALG board member Robert M. Shelala II.
“Another successful global helicopter movement involving the lead client in New Zealand, a helicopter move UK – USA. Talkcargo combined with Compass Forwarding and the Aerospace Logistics Group to work seamlessly with all parties to ensure the delivery of this valuable machinery in an extremely challenging environment,” said Aubrey Inston, Director of Talkcargo and ALG board member. “We thank all those involved and the trust shown by our clients, and the care taken by all our partners.”
The ALG was founded in 2007 as a group of freight forwarders with specialized expertise in transporting aerospace equipment around the world. Today, the group has partners in over 50 countries with 24/7/365 AOG support. The network offers integrated solutions for the global movement of engines, airframes, and spare parts – as well as on-board courier options for the most time-sensitive shipments. ALG also coordinates stocking and distribution solutions for aircraft systems and spare parts.
ALG is accredited as the Best in Class Aerospace Freight Forwarding Network by the Global Institute of Logistics.
Image © Copyright of Dave Haines – used by HeliHub.com with prior permission
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri