This year’s Convention was set to mark 25 years for HAC. An annual opportunity for you to meet with your suppliers and to benefit from discussions around the business of helicopter operations, and safety in our industry. We all benefit from this dialogue, but we can only hold the event when the health and safety of our delegates and exhibitors can be assured, and this year HAC and its Board have decided to cancel our 2020 Annual Convention, scheduled to take place in Vancouver, November 5-7 2020.
Recent pronouncements by the Premier of BC and the BC Minister of Health outlining British Columbia’s Business Restart Plans, virtually ban large gatherings of people for the foreseeable future. Current health-related international travel restrictions and the uncertain economic climate in the helicopter industry have made any travel-related decisions difficult for operators and exhibitors. The decision to cancel was made after careful consideration by the Board, and following discussions with key member-companies, and our YVR 2020 host venues.
In November of 2020, we will still be holding our Annual General Meeting (in a format, to be discussed) and some limited presentation-programing. We hope you will understand this decision in these uncertain times.
Please ensure that you have marked your calendars for HAC 2021 in Vancouver BC November 4-6 when we hope to be able to meet again face-to-face. To our Operators and Associates, Convention and Corporate Sponsors, and our Exhibitors – thank you for your continuing support.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics