Aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) provider AeroBrigham has announced the contract award of systems integration for nine Bell 429 helicopters destined for the Jamaica Defence Force. The company has inducted and is performing work on the initial two airframes at their main facility in Decatur, Texas, a suburb of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area metroplex.
The extensive modifications involve sophisticated installations of AeroBrigham partner CNC Technologies’ mission suite that includes the Churchill Navigation moving map system, WESCAM MX-10 GEN IV camera system and the Troll System microwave downlink technology. Additionally, AeroBrigham will make comprehensive modifications to the aircraft avionics with Eagle digital audio system installations and REBTECH night vision compatible cockpit and cabin lighting system. The mission suite for operation by the tactical flight officer will be designed, fabricated and installed on the airframes by AeroBrigham.
The airframes will also be equipped at AeroBrigham with the revolutionary L3 Falcon III multi-channel airborne networking radio. Key features include mission critical voice with high-speed IP-networked data and full motion video, all with beyond line of sight transmission capability. All nine airframes are expected to be delivered by AeroBrigham between July 2020 and the first quarter of 2021.
Speaking from the AeroBrigham facility, company co-owner, David Brigham said, “We appreciate the confidence that both Jamaica Defence Force and our partner CNC Technologies have in our ability to deliver on time and on budget with professional results. We’re open and operating with new protections for our employees and customers.”
AeroBrigham is based in North Texas and offers complete fixed wing and rotor wing maintenance and completion support as well as customized aircraft support solutions to fit any need.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International