This May, the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approved ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH for the new Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) “Installation of a cabin Wi-Fi hotspot with 3G/4G cellular modem and outside antennas” for the EC135 and EC635 helicopters.
In order to achieve the approval, comprehensive ground and flight tests were carried out. It was essential that interference with the helicopter could be excluded for all mobile radio frequencies.
A software developed by ESG is installed on the Wi-Fi router integrated in the helicopter for the customer, which not only enables Internet connection as such, but also secure access to networks of public authorities and companies. The corresponding interface can be configured according to customer requirements.
This ESG solution package has opened up numerous promising applications both in the context of specific police deployment scenarios and in the field of rescue services or for use in private or business situations: protected transmission of police mission data, real-time transmission of sensitive patient information, “working in flight” or infotainment in helicopter shuttles.
The STC issued by the EASA also allows for a comparatively fast transfer to other helicopter types. This in turn creates added value for a wide range of customers in the short term. This once again underscores ESG’s performance and innovative strength as an aviation company for specific operational and special systems.
ESG has been one of the leading German providers of design, integration and operation of complex, security-related electronic and IT systems for five decades, with a current turnover of 300 million EUR. With more than 2000 employees, the ESG Group encompasses the brands ESG DEFENCE + PUBLIC SECURITY, CYOSS and ESG MOBILITY. In Germany and internationally, these people provide propducts and services for customers from government authorities, the fields of defence and public security and industry.
ESG is a certified aviation company for aircraft and aviation equipment for the Bundeswehr (German Federal Armed Forces) and an aviation engineering company in line with EASA Parts 21J/G and 145.
As a special systems company for mission avionics, simulation and training, as well as special deployment systems, ESG offers customized solutions. Independent process and technology consulting is one of ESG’s key competencies. Technology transfer between markets is what makes a significant contribution to our customers’ added value.
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri