This May, the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approved ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH for the new Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) “Installation of a cabin Wi-Fi hotspot with 3G/4G cellular modem and outside antennas” for the EC135 and EC635 helicopters.
In order to achieve the approval, comprehensive ground and flight tests were carried out. It was essential that interference with the helicopter could be excluded for all mobile radio frequencies.
A software developed by ESG is installed on the Wi-Fi router integrated in the helicopter for the customer, which not only enables Internet connection as such, but also secure access to networks of public authorities and companies. The corresponding interface can be configured according to customer requirements.
This ESG solution package has opened up numerous promising applications both in the context of specific police deployment scenarios and in the field of rescue services or for use in private or business situations: protected transmission of police mission data, real-time transmission of sensitive patient information, “working in flight” or infotainment in helicopter shuttles.
The STC issued by the EASA also allows for a comparatively fast transfer to other helicopter types. This in turn creates added value for a wide range of customers in the short term. This once again underscores ESG’s performance and innovative strength as an aviation company for specific operational and special systems.
ESG has been one of the leading German providers of design, integration and operation of complex, security-related electronic and IT systems for five decades, with a current turnover of 300 million EUR. With more than 2000 employees, the ESG Group encompasses the brands ESG DEFENCE + PUBLIC SECURITY, CYOSS and ESG MOBILITY. In Germany and internationally, these people provide propducts and services for customers from government authorities, the fields of defence and public security and industry.
ESG is a certified aviation company for aircraft and aviation equipment for the Bundeswehr (German Federal Armed Forces) and an aviation engineering company in line with EASA Parts 21J/G and 145.
As a special systems company for mission avionics, simulation and training, as well as special deployment systems, ESG offers customized solutions. Independent process and technology consulting is one of ESG’s key competencies. Technology transfer between markets is what makes a significant contribution to our customers’ added value.
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires