Garmin Pilot version 10.1 — now available on Apple mobile devices — brings enhanced capabilities, greater awareness and added convenience into the cockpit. New enhancements to the document viewer now allow customers to configure folders so they can more easily organize documents such as pilot’s guides, cockpit reference guides and more, within the app. Additional features include the display of elevation information in the radial menu, night mode on approach charts, the option to print the navigation log and more.
Document viewer enhancements
Documents stored within the document viewer in Garmin Pilot are now synced across all Apple mobile devices running Garmin Pilot. These folders are also customizable by color and can be reordered for improved organization of documents such as pilot’s guides, cockpit reference guides, checklists and more.
Night mode on instrument approach charts
While flying at night, pilots can now invert the colors on terminal charts, including Garmin FliteCharts or Jeppesen Terminal Approach procedures, for enhanced readability during night flights. When viewing a chart on the map page, within the charts binder, in split-screen view on the synthetic page or while viewing the airport page, pilots have the option to select night mode from the menu in the top right corner within Garmin Pilot. Once selected, night mode is consistently displayed throughout the app.
Navigation log and weight & balance print option
Garmin Pilot uses Apple’s wireless printing technology, AirPrintÒ, to print airport diagrams, FliteCharts, Jeppesen charts, weight & balance load sheets, navlogs, as well as European IFR autorouting briefing packs.
- When the terrain database is downloaded, elevation information can be viewed within the inner circle of the radial menu on the map for pre-flight planning.
- Pilots can easily view a new logbook report that details the airports they have visited. Each logbook period displays a map with pins to reflect the destination airport, as well as the date, flight time logged and more.
- The display and animation of lightning has been enhanced on the moving map.
- Garmin Pilot also supports the Apple Pencil 2 and a variety gestures.
- New fields have been added to the logbook entry that allow pilots to record the current oil level, oil added, as well as document squawks experienced with the aircraft during the flight.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics