Two MI-8MTV5-1 helicopters will be delivered to the Russian military base in Kyrgyzstan.
By the end of June 2020, the air base will receive two modernized MI-8MTV5-1 helicopters equipped with onboard defense systems. In addition, the cockpit is equipped with lighting devices adapted for the use of night vision goggles which enable to carry out night flights at low and extremely low altitudes, as well as perform takeoffs and landings on non-designated places.
The MI-8 helicopter pilots have completed theoretical and practical training at the center for combat training and retraining of army aviation crews in the Tver Region.
The new helicopters will replace older operational models at the base.
The Russian military base in Kant is an aviation element of The Collective Rapid Reaction Force of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO). The base operates the SU-25 attack aircraft and MI-8 helicopters.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics