ITP Aero has signed a contract with CHC Helicopter to provide comprehensive support for its fleet of CT7-8A and CT7-2E1 engines that are flown in its Sikorsky S-92 and Leonardo AW189 helicopters. The contract spans five years and work will be carried out at ITP Aero’s Albacete and Ajalvir facilities in Spain.
The contract includes Engine Health Monitoring (EHM), a technology based on big data analysis that offers important results in predictive engine maintenance. EHM enables monitoring of engine life based on data extraction and analysis, predicting incidents and anticipating the scheduling of precise maintenance. This will allow ITP Aero to analyze the most appropriate moment to carry out necessary minor maintenance, which in turn will prevent issues of a larger scale that would create a higher outlay, thus optimizing maintenance costs.
In addition to EHM, the contract also includes engine repair, fleet engineering activities and mobile repair equipment at CHC Helicopter’s operating bases around the world. It is also worth noting that the contract includes the repair of engines with a Turnaround Time (TAT) – the time between the arrival and entry into service of a faulty engine – of less than 30 days. This is aimed at increasing the availability of the fleet in situations of high demand and reduced spares pool.
More about ITP Aero
ITP Aero is a world leading company within its market, currently the ninth largest aircraft engine and components company in the world by revenue. Ranking among the top one hundred companies in the aerospace industry. The company employs over 4,000 people at its production centres in Spain, United Kingdom, Mexico, Malta and India.
ITP Aero includes among its activities the design, research and development, manufacturing and casting, assembly and testing of aeronautical modules and engines. It also provides MRO services for a wide range of engines for regional airlines, business aviation, helicopters, industrial and defense applications. ITP Aero operates as a corporate entity within the Rolls-Royce group.
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- HM Coastguard flies first UK unmanned SAR missions
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- 25-Oct-19 5N-BOA Sikorsky S92 Port Hardcourt, Nigeria
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations