Bell Textron Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced that Horizon International Flight Academy has logged more than 1,000 flight hours in its Bell 505 fleet, mainly utilized to train military pilots. Horizon’s training academy is in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
“Crossing the 1,000-flight hour threshold in less than three months from its latest aircraft registration is a testament to Horizon and the Bell 505s ability to quickly meet mission requirements,” said Sameer A. Rehman, Managing Director, Africa & Middle East. “It’s a privilege to work with the Horizon team to redefine flight training for the next generation of military and commercial pilots with the Bell 505s proven operational capabilities in desert environments.”
Horizon took delivery of its first aircraft in January and completed its 12th helicopter registration by mid-April. Since then all the Bell 505s are in operations and currently training Academy students.
Among them is Sheik Zayed bin Hamad bin Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, the first student to fly the Bell 505 for his Commercial Pilot License (CPL).
“We are proud to be operating Bell 505s in our training program,” said Hareb Al Dhaheri, CEO of Horizon International Flight Academy. “With the integrated glass cockpit, it enables our pilots in training to experience modern controls on a single engine aircraft. We look forward to logging more flight hours and hitting milestones in our Bell 505s.”
With a speed of 125 knots (232 km/h) and useful load of 1,500 pounds (680 kg), the Bell 505 is designed to be safe and easy to fly while providing significant value to the operator. The customer-driven design of the aircraft places safety, performance and affordability at the forefront, blending proven systems with advanced technology and a sleek, modern design.
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution