S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is pleased announce they have been awarded a contract to replace an old poorly designed set of platforms that was supplied to the U.S.C.G. several years ago by different contractor. S.A.F.E.’s awarded contract is to design and manufacture custom ergonomic phase maintenance platforms for the MH-65 aircraft for the US Coast Guard in Elizabeth City, NC. The custom engineered stands will allow multiple technicians simultaneous access to various parts of the aircraft. The stands will be used for both routine maintenance and the complete aircraft overhaul.
The contract includes maintenance platforms to outfit all six aircraft work bays. The unique custom design will encompass feedback from all the technicians to ensure all safety and ergonomic concerns are addressed. These stands will provide fall protection and increased efficiency as well as a comfortable and SAFE working environment for the technicians. The design phase will be completed in August and the first stand will be delivered in November 2020.
“This will make this USCG ALC facility the most efficient and ergonomic MH-65 overhaul facility in the country.” stated Johnny Buscema, S.A.F.E. CEO. “As with all our projects we coordinate directly with the customer and their technicians to provide the perfect custom solution to meet safety and efficiency. Providing fall protection in an ergonomic environment keeps both the technician and the aircraft SAFE.”
S.A.F.E. will be hosting a virtual Maintenance Safety Symposium in September. The details will be available shortly. The Symposium will provide safety information, resources, solutions and networking opportunities for mechanics.
S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is the global leader in maintenance support equipment that strives to put safety first, S.A.F.E. listens to the needs of the maintenance teams and designs custom equipment to the exact specifications that consider realistic ergonomic factors as well as efficiency. S.A.F.E provides the answers to the unique challenges of working on complex aircraft.
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone