With new scholarships being posted weekly, the 2021 WAI scholarship program officially opens tomorrow, July 1, and members can review dozens of scholarships. Currently, there are 56 scholarships offered for flight training, engineering, maintenance, dispatcher, and professional development for individuals in all stages of life. Additional scholarships and internships will be added in the coming weeks and months, with over 100 scholarships expected to be posted by the Fall. Applicants are encouraged to check for new scholarships often, and may apply for up to three scholarships per year.
“One of the major benefits of being a WAI member is the opportunity to apply for scholarships that can assist people of all stages of their careers with financial support,” says WAI CEO Allison McKay. “We thank our numerous scholarship sponsors, and welcome any individual, company, or organization to find out more about our program that changes lives for hundreds of our members every year.”
In 2020, WAI awarded 151 scholarships valued at $831,365, bringing the total amount of scholarships awarded since 1995 to more than $13.2 million.
The 2021 scholarships will be awarded during the 32nd Annual International Women in Aviation Conference in Reno, Nevada, from March 11-13, 2021. In order to qualify for a scholarship, the applicant must be a WAI member as of November 1, 2020. The deadline for 2021 scholarships is November 10, 2020. Details of each scholarship, application requirements and FAQs, plus tips for submitting a winning application can be found at wai.org/scholarships.
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades