The Alouette III helicopter marks today 57 years in the service of the Air Force.
The aircraft, currently operated by Squadron 552 – “Zangões”, at Air Base No. 11 (Beja), reaches the historic mark on the day when its service period ends.
The first Alouette flight, in the Air Force, took place in Luanda (Angola), on June 18, 1963.
Over the course of more than five decades, the Alouette III fleet totaled more than 300,000 flight hours, distributed in various operational and instructional missions, being operated since 1978 by “Drones”, faithful depositories of all the traditions of the existing Light Helicopter Squadrons in Portugal.
The numerous achievements and contributions of this helicopter to the service of the Air Force and Portugal, from the beginning of its operation to the present day, remain in the memory of many Portuguese, both for the missions carried out during the Colonial War and in the maintenance of peace in Timor , or for public interest missions, tactical transport and helicopter pilot training in our country.
Now, the Alouette III gives way to the new AW119MKII Koala .
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring