For a customer SPAES designed a mounting bracket for the new external mirror and carried out the approval.
The customer’s Airbus AS350 helicopter is used for external cargo flights. In order to have the attached load in view even with long rope lead, the existing load mirror had to be exchanged for a larger one. The existing mirror was especially too small, in the longitudinal axis. For additional support it was nevertheless retained and moved from the right side to the left side. A larger mirror from the same manufacturer was chosen for the desired field of view after consultation with the customer.
SPAES developed a new mounting bracket on the basis of the defined specifications and the aviation requirements. In the first step, the mounting bracket was produced as 3D printing model for adaptation to the helicopter. After final coordination and release, the prototype was manufactured with the suitable final material.
The new mirror and the mounting allows an optimal electric adjustment via the motion switch during flight. The mirror can also be readjusted mechanically.
“Due to the new position and attachment of the mirror, the pilot can ideally align the mirror according to the length of the load rope and thus always has the external load under control” says Joachim Kies, Head of Operative Business at SPAES.
After manufacturing of the mounting bracket, SPAES carried out a pull test to check the material for its loading capacity. For the modification a Minor Change was issued. The installation of the mounting was carried out in the customer’s own Part 145 company.
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- 21-Oct-20 N716VL Bell 206B Jones Inlet, US-New York
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine